Dive buddies at Lake Phoenix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are down at Lake Phoenix pretty frequently. Normally, we are there most weekends and some weekdays. I am unsure how often we are going this year (we are in the middle of moving up to Maryland from Virginia), but we will still be there plenty. If you have days you are looking to go, let me know, we can see if we are available.

We are down at Lake Phoenix pretty frequently. Normally, we are there most weekends and some weekdays. I am unsure how often we are going this year (we are in the middle of moving up to Maryland from Virginia), but we will still be there plenty. If you have days you are looking to go, let me know, we can see if we are available.
Interesting we live in Easton, Md. On the eastern shore 2 hrs.(about) from O.C.

Interesting we live in Easton, Md. On the eastern shore 2 hrs.(about) from O.C.
I am actually originally from Easton. Spent most of my life on Kent Island, currently (temporarily) in Virginia. We are open to diving other "local" places too, Lake Phoenix has always just been the closest and simplest for us. I think we will do some oyster diving this coming winter (since we will be Maryland residents again).

@rob.mwpropane is our local oyster dive expert, he's posted his experiences in a couple of threads here on SB.
Oh! That is good to know. I am certainly looking to get to know some local peeps and local spots once I get resettled. I have been out of state for about 7 or 8 years now, and I started diving after I left.

@rob.mwpropane is our local oyster dive expert, he's posted his experiences in a couple of threads here on SB.
Finally, someone recognizes an expert when they see one!.. took you long enough :rofl3:

I am actually originally from Easton. Spent most of my life on Kent Island, currently (temporarily) in Virginia. We are open to diving other "local" places too, Lake Phoenix has always just been the closest and simplest for us. I think we will do some oyster diving this coming winter (since we will be Maryland residents again).
Oyster diving is great. 2 boats available to go out on (that I know about). It's a lot of fun, I can get you hooked up whenever you want to go.

@RyanT is too good for local diving, so you probably won't see him. He's back on campus sipping tea with his pinky in the air planning his next exotic excursion!!

Jk... great guy:)

I hit Lake Phoenix several times a year and would be happy to meet down there....I'mjust waiting for the water to warm up, it's at 51*F now, maybe in May it will be a bit more dive-able. Earliest I have been there is June, latest November in a 7mm. Water was fine at 68*F then...Are you thinking sooner? Dry-suit?

Seeking dive buddies Lake Phoenix and/or VA. Bea.this summer
Mike
Good Morning:
Are you returning to the area?
Do you know Kent Isl. scuba dives in the bay? Murky, last resort, prefer reefs but close by. I'd like to dive Phoenix again then see the sand tigers off VA. Bea.' wife's afraid of water , so no buddy .Mike

I hit Lake Phoenix several times a year and would be happy to meet down there....I'mjust waiting for the water to warm up, it's at 51*F now, maybe in May it will be a bit more dive-able. Earliest I have been there is June, latest November in a 7mm. Water was fine at 68*F then...Are you thinking sooner? Dry-suit?

Back
Top Bottom