Dive buddies at Lake Phoenix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hit Lake Phoenix several times a year and would be happy to meet down there....I'mjust waiting for the water to warm up, it's at 51*F now, maybe in May it will be a bit more dive-able. Earliest I have been there is June, latest November in a 7mm. Water was fine at 68*F then...Are you thinking sooner? Dry-suit?
Never did the cert.,always happiest In the carribean or P.R. , like the minimal coverage .Would dive naked if no raised eyebrows.

I hit Lake Phoenix several times a year and would be happy to meet down there....I'mjust waiting for the water to warm up, it's at 51*F now, maybe in May it will be a bit more dive-able. Earliest I have been there is June, latest November in a 7mm. Water was fine at 68*F then...Are you thinking sooner? Dry-suit?
Yes, in my 3mm one pce. Perhaps in the near future we could meet for lunch to see if we would be good buddies? We are half way between D.C. and Easton,Md on the eastern shore?

I'm in VB area and hitting Lake Phoenix once or twice this summer. Not planning on doing much diving in VB, but going to Morehead a couple times if you're interested. I'd be down for diving here, just tend to stick mostly to freediving/spearfishing in the bay. But there are a few spots I've been interested in checking out.

I'm in VB area and hitting Lake Phoenix once or twice this summer. Not planning on doing much diving in VB, but going to Morehead a couple times if you're interested. I'd be down for diving here, just tend to stick mostly to freediving/spearfishing in the bay. But there are a few spots I've been interested in checking out.
Half my trips to S. Fla. have been hampered by bad weather. I can't seem to choose a good date for S. Fla.weather. Trips to Nassau, P.R. , and Cozumel were good. Closer to home (eastern shore/Maryland) is now my choice. I'd prefer the ocean but Phoenix is a good second. Offshore N.C. is mostly wreck, right?

Offshore N.C. is mostly wreck, right?
It’s all wreck from Morehead City north. Wilmington has some reef/ledge diving.

It’s starting to warm up a bit:

4/29 - Surface 65* , 30’ 58*
5/6 - Surface 69*, 30’ 61*

Commenting just to track. Will be in Bethesda most of Aug and would love a chance to dive.

I'm near Bethesda and wouldn't mind getting out at some point. August may work for me.

Back
Top Bottom