Dive Buddies in DC area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cantari

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all!

So I recently got into diving and am fairly new to the DC area (live in Alexandria) and was looking for other people in the area to possibly go to some local places such as Lake Phoenix, Dutch Springs, and also farther trips and such.

Got a lot of help from Tobin from DSS recently in discussing a BP&Wing that is right for me, so just wanted to give him a big thanks here and really appreciated all the information he was willing to talk to me about.

Thanks for any replies and love the forum.

John

Hey appreciate it, looking forward to checking Dutch out.

Hyde's Quarry is up near Westminster -- not nearly the attractiveness of Dutch or Phoenix, but it's close(r). Open every weekend, and we've been doing a "first friday of the month" evening thing (6pm - )

Hello all!

So I recently got into diving and am fairly new to the DC area (live in Alexandria) and was looking for other people in the area to possibly go to some local places such as Lake Phoenix, Dutch Springs, and also farther trips and such.

Got a lot of help from Tobin from DSS recently in discussing a BP&Wing that is right for me, so just wanted to give him a big thanks here and really appreciated all the information he was willing to talk to me about.

Thanks for any replies and love the forum.

John

Hello fellow Alexandrian! There's a meetup group for DC area divers. They usually have 1-2 happy hours a month and plan trips to Lake Phoenix and other areas.

Thanks Travis! I'll check it out, I also saw a place called Coral Edge Adventures which is super close to me.

Nice thanks ScubaJill! I'll definitely look into that. :thumb2:

Hey John. There are a lot of divers in the Northern VA area. I can connect you to a few ones. My group normally does practice "get wet" dives in Rawlings and Millbrook. We consider North Carolina our home waters.

Welcome on board!

Sinbad

John,

Hello from Baltimore (but I work in Alexandria). I did my original certification dives up at Hyde's and have been diving Lake Phoenix this summer with the folks from Submerged for a mix of class time and just diving. Been thinking about revisiting Hyde's since it's considerably closer to home.

@TravisD any more info you can share on the First Friday?

@ScubaJill is there a link somewhere for the meet up?

Mark

John,

Hello from Baltimore (but I work in Alexandria). I did my original certification dives up at Hyde's and have been diving Lake Phoenix this summer with the folks from Submerged for a mix of class time and just diving. Been thinking about revisiting Hyde's since it's considerably closer to home.

@TravisD any more info you can share on the First Friday?

@ScubaJill is there a link somewhere for the meet up?

Mark
Hi Mark,

Try this:
DC/VA/MD Scuba Meetup Group

Back
Top Bottom