Dive buddy for Monday or Wednesday? and Dive Report for Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fencingfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Orion612004 and I hit Folly Cove at high tide on Saturday. We were in the water around 3pm and dove the left side wall. Visibility sucked! It was about 8-10 feet up until we reached the point. We usually head past the point and poke around the boulders but visibility dropped to less than a foot in the span of two fin kicks. Was there a lot of off-shore surge? We turned around and hunted for the torpedo ray on the way back but no luck. No fish, lots of crabs, even the northern red was hunkered down. Max depth 40', 50 minute dive, temp ranged from 39-43 (depending on whose computer you looked at).

I'd be interested in getting in the water either Monday (tomorrow) or Wednesday. I'm in the Cape Ann area and I'm open to any time or location. High tides are around 5 and 7am or 5:30/7:30pm respectfully.

How long are you in town for? I'm around after the 7th if you'll still be here...

I'd be interested in diving Wed late morning. I haven't killed Lewis yet, so you're probably safe diving with me :wink: I had fantastic viz in Nahant Fri, wish the tides were better for doing that Wed!!

I haven't killed Lewis yet, either, but coincidentally every time we dive together he neglects to zip his drysuit all the way..... but I hear that he has that problem diving with other people too. Wednesday late morning works for me! We'd just need to find a low-tide-friendly site. I've never dived Nahant. Old Garden might be a good option but we'll have to see what the wind and conditions are like. I'm open to other site options, too!

Lewis or Kim, I am back up in the area on the 11th if either of you are around

I'll be around the 9th-22nd and looking to dive unless the weather is super sucky!

I'm leaving the 4th, sorry!

Dang! Miss you again!

I haven't killed Lewis yet

I haven't killed Lewis yet, either, but coincidentally every time we dive together he neglects to zip his drysuit all the way..... but I hear that he has that problem diving with other people too.

I'm not sure if I can dive with either of you anymore... I might get my hoses cut next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fine, dive without me....but know that it may now be YOUR drysuit leaking consistently instead of mine since I seem to be the only one who dives with you without that happening :p

Ha! It leaked with you too the other day at Niles... Only this time it was the dump valve. I wish I could say that I learned my lesson to zip my drysuit all the way after leaving it open a bit on a winter dive in February, but alas I didnt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom