Dive computer comparison?

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches and Analyzers' started by njrn2, Mar 9, 2004.

1. njrn2

njrn2 Angel Fish

Okay, I am looking to purchase my first set of dive gear. I am looking at four different compters.....

Genesis React Pro
    Aeris 300G
    Oceanic Veo 200 or Versa Pro

Each one is a little different than the next. Each one has slightly different features. I am looking for a computer that I will be able to do multiple dives with and is Nitrox compatible (not yet certified but will probably do in the future). Audible alarms are a plus. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    -Joe

2. christopher1260

christopher1260 Angel Fish

I just purchased a Veo 200 and am happy with it so far, though I have not had an opportunity to dive it in the open water. I am leaving for a Blackbeard's cruise on March 19th. I should get between 20 and 30 dives on it, and will report how I like it when I get back. I hope that you can wait that long.

3. DepartureDiver

DepartureDiver Scuba Instructor

Go for the features you like and the price. They are all made by Pelagic ... with different cosmetics .. and possibly different features ... I'm not familiar with the models ... but if they look the same with the same features ... they are the same ... see the thread at http://www.scubaboard.com/t49480.html

4. will_tekkie

will_tekkie Nassau Grouper

Joe..donĀ“t waste your money...go to a suunto, uwatec or diverite nitek3 computer...the brands you mentioned are not the best choice...