Dive Fin Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two points - I love my Scuba Pro Twin Jets. If you have a chance to test them, do so.

Secondly, both of you probably need to down. I see so many new divers swimming way too fast. You burn too much air that way and miss lots of cool stuff. Slow down and look in all the cracks in the reef and youll see way more, enjoy diving more and you air consumption will improve. How do i know this for sure??? It was like the Indy 500 when I was new... :D

I'll second the suggestion that you check your (meaning, "his") speed. Why go fast? Why so fast that you get worn out? As said above, diving is not about racing. In fact, there's a lot of value in going as slowly as possible, trying to see every single organism around you.

try the Atomic split fin.... low effort, high speed..... I also use Cressi Gara freediving fins, which are incredible.....but if you need open-heel style, they won't work. So far, I like the Atomics best for scuba, but some tech guys will tell you to get paddle-style instead. Personally, I love the Atomics. I bought the Smoke on the Water version, which comes with spring straps. They're fantastic.

Secondly, both of you probably need to down. I see so many new divers swimming way too fast. You burn too much air that way and miss lots of cool stuff. Slow down and look in all the cracks in the reef and youll see way more, enjoy diving more and you air consumption will improve. How do i know this for sure??? It was like the Indy 500 when I was new... :D

That's part of our problem. I enjoy the slow route - looking for every little critter I can. He seems to want to cover as much ground as possible.

It's a learning curve . . . and hopefully we can find middle ground so we can keep diving together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom