Dive getaway under $3k

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alex777:
Anthony's Key Resort on Roatan should fall well within your price range. The diving there is suitable for beginners (and they get a lot of them). It is a very attractive resort - white sand, lush vegetation, lots of palm trees - in a word, "romantic".
I love maui and I'm on maui right now but......

go to Anthony's Key

NotQuiteDead:
Greetings all!

I'm looking for the ideal spot for a 4-5 day dive getaway for under $3k, preferably late Oct/early Nov. Any recommendations?

Specifically, this will be a 'romantic getaway' type thing for me and the girlfriend, she should be certified by this time, or will possibly be certified while down there.

Well... I suppose it depends on the type of diving you want to do... My hands down choice for a dive trip would be Campbell River or Port Hardy on Vancouver Island, BC. You can definitely do a 5 day trip for well under 3k. But, if you're looking for tropical.... I agree that between Playa and Tulum is great. The cenote and cave diving there is out of this world.... though not recomended for brand new divers as you have to have mastered bouyancy.

I'm biased to "colder" water diving, but the abundance of life and colour in BC will take any skill leveled diver's breath away! Promise! And, out there is definitely romanitc and peaceful.

Some of you are forgetting something. Are you considering airfare?!?

The big problem with Roatan for one IS the airfare. I got tix for my wife and I for $1500, and I consider myself lucky (from Denver). The resorts usually run $800 to $1000 a head for a week. I don't see this meeting your price cap.

I'd suggest Lauderdale, or the Keys. The Keys espescially seem to be what you'll be looking for. This is a driveable trip - so no airfare.

A Blackbeard's cruise came to mind as well, but Blackbeard's is NOT what I'd consider "romantic"...

Wijbrandus:
Some of you are forgetting something. Are you considering airfare?!?

yes. one week, all inclusive (meals an diving), and airfare, less than $3k

and he is departing from North Carolina

from Denver.. yeah... you'd be hurting to get in under $3k

I hate you people. :p

I'd almost be willing to move down there for your airfares. Hehe.

Almost.

On my way there tomorrow morning with 16 dives planned in 5 days. We'll actually be diving wrecks from Marathon to Pompano. The assortment of wrecks to dive in South Floirida is mind boggling.

And you could drive there if you wanted to. You could take all of your own gear, including tanks and wouldn't have to wait after your last dives before flying.

Wijbrandus:
I hate you people. :p

I'd almost be willing to move down there for your airfares. Hehe.

Almost.

You have to do some careful air fare shopping! I leave from the same airport you do, but I can usually get pretty good fares. I also get a lot of frequent flier miles by charging everything I ever own on a mileage card. Charters fly to places like Cozumel frequently. I have had more than a few Caribbean dive vacations, and I have never spent $3,000, even when going for two weeks. Heck, I only spent a total of $4,000 for everything for two weeks in Thailand, including a week on a pretty nice liveaboard, and I didn't even get any deals on that one--standard trip through my dive shop.

I was speaking primarily to the Roatan fares.

Charters to Mexico from here don't count. :p No agitating! That's my job.

Check out Journey's End on Ambergris Caye in Belize...do your diving with Belize Ocean Divers

Paul in VT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom