Dive Haven Georgia!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I drove up to Divehaven last night and it looks good to me. Thought I'd go dive there this weekend.

YES - it is one of the CLEAREST quarries around for sure... and it CAN be anyone's own place who would like it - let's talk if anyone is seriously interested! :) I have all sorts of ideas that a serious prospect might be interested in for Diveland..

JB

JKSteger:
Not trying to put a damper on anything but last Sat. 7/8/06 I was at Diveland in Alabama. Just a couple of hours from Atlanta. Visibility was about 35'-50'.
It was pretty cold at 110'...49F!

Diveland was the clearest quarry I have EVER dove in.

Jeremy

BKP:
Diveland? I thought Diveland closed... Are you talking about Blue Water, in Pelham Al.?

Diveland is NOT closed! It remains open on the weekends throughout the summer and fall seasons. It is up for sale, but still remains open for diving.

JB (Real Estate broker for Diveland)

resolute:
Diveland is NOT closed! It remains open on the weekends throughout the summer and fall seasons. It is up for sale, but still remains open for diving.

Good to know... I appreciate the correction. With the visibility I'm hearing about, certainly deserves at least a one time 6-hour round trip to find out. Anyone know what the temps are, and what depth the first thermo is at?
(Just got back from a jaunt in the Bahamas... so, I'm prolly spoiled again anyway).

This is like a dream come true. I just moved down to GA... and here I have a dive hole <5 miles from where I live. SCOOOOOOOORE! :D

resolute:

We drove out to Diveland this past Sunday (7/23) and it was closed. Someone checked the mailbox and it had mail in it, so it looks like the place was closed on Saturday too. No closed signs posted, nothing on their website, and another diver had called the shop and said the phone message was the same (i.e. 'we're open on the weekends'). Anybody know if this was just a one-time thing this last weekend or are they closed?

richtpe:
We drove out to Diveland this past Sunday (7/23) and it was closed. Someone checked the mailbox and it had mail in it, so it looks like the place was closed on Saturday too. No closed signs posted, nothing on their website, and another diver had called the shop and said the phone message was the same (i.e. 'we're open on the weekends'). Anybody know if this was just a one-time thing this last weekend or are they closed?
Sunday hours have been 10 to 5. What time were you there?

Maybe resolute knows more as he is the real estate agent of record..... :blinking:

David

bigDave:
Sunday hours have been 10 to 5. What time were you there?

David

Me and my buddy got there at around 11 and waited around for about 45 minutes. There was also a group looking to do their OW check-out dives that had been there waiting since 10. Hopefully it was just last weekend (maybe because of the storms Saturday???) because it is a great place to dive and is close enough to Atl.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom