Dive Hut WARM water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Habitat may meet your needs right now as they are ofering a dive pkg from around $440. for a week. Room, shore diving, and 6 boat dives. We like the 1 br bungalow because we can do some cooking with the minimal tools they provide. There are only 2 of these units and they are right behind the dive shop.........

I got a quote from Habitat but it was a LOT more than $440! We were getting $600+ and that does not include a truck.

We're leaning toward the Hut or Caribbean Club. If we go CC is the extra $$ worth it for a 1br cottage vs a studio? Also, having Oil Slick as the 'house reef' sounds cool and being on the Buddy Dive roster seems great as well. What are the 'local' dives from the Hut?

You have all been very helpful! Thanks!

Dive hut is in a great spot for hitting the pavement at night, ie it's right in town. While there is diving to be had there, it's not generally where people dive. Boat traffic, condition of reef, what have you. The diving up near CC is fantastic. Great location for access to the northern sites. Although really it's pretty easy to drive either north or south, and dive wherever. It's just not that big of a place.

I got a quote from Habitat but it was a LOT more than $440! We were getting $600+ and that does not include a truck.

Yep, the price is for selected dates and may have started after you got a quote--and yes, it does not include a truck. I got an email from Habitat a few weeks ago and have seen ads to the left here as I write..............

disagree about dive sites, thought the diving closer to town was just as good as anything I've seen. agree that there is some boat traffic and more "junk" in the water--don't think fish care.
saw many more creatures here including turtles,rays, octopus,squid,tarpon etc highly recommend the site-- something special.

Obviously its just a matter of opinion and chance but we do most of our diving in Bonaire at the reefs on the north end of the island, from Bari reef (great, easy dive) to Karpata and CC is about the middle of this area. For us too, having the kitchen is a big money saver. Breakfast is an easy meal to prepare yourself and sandwiches and such for lunch. Then a simple meal for dinner or lower cost options are available to eat out. A kitchen is more convenient and a time saver was well.

Stayed at Dive Hut last month, and they were still using Island Rentals, and Wannadive, both which do a great job. We always had more than just warm water, I dont know that I would call it scalding, but plenty warm for my wife who gets chilled also. Small kitchenette with stove and utensils. Basic but adequate. We made breakfast, made sandwiches, and ate out for dinner. Drinks to be had at the Dive Hut bar too. What more do you need?!!
And for my two bits, we both like the northern dive sites over the southern ones. But they were all good!

If you're open to spending a little more than $700pp, check out a dive/drive/stay studio package at Den Laman (you can easily add an extra bed). You'd have to add boat diving ala carte, but you might find you don't need to boat dive. Den Laman is ocean-front, a very secure complex, has a full kitchen, very quiet, close to downtown, small (16 units), excellent dock in front, on Bari Reef, super easy tank access (from both dock and for your truck), 24-hour secure gear storage, 24-hour tank access, free nitrox, and the drive/dive/stay package is a no-brainer since all of your shore diving needs, rental truck, and condo are included. It fits your "gear up and fall into the water" description perfectly. :wink:

We just heard back from Den Laman and they don't have an extra bed available, so it would be one of us on the couch. Maybe next time!

We are going in june and will be staying at Blue Divers resort and diving with VIP divers. We emailed vip and got a quote for $1195. That is for 7nights stay, truck rental, 6 days unlimited shore diving and all taxes and fees for 2 divers. We couldnt find a better deal. It is true that they dont do boat diving but will schedule one for you with another place. The resort is walking distance to shops, restaurants, bars, and divi resort. I have been in contact with Bas from vip and have been impressed, we are excited for our trip!

We are going in june and will be staying at Blue Divers resort and diving with VIP divers. We emailed vip and got a quote for $1195. That is for 7nights stay, truck rental, 6 days unlimited shore diving and all taxes and fees for 2 divers. We couldnt find a better deal. It is true that they dont do boat diving but will schedule one for you with another place. The resort is walking distance to shops, restaurants, bars, and divi resort. I have been in contact with Bas from vip and have been impressed, we are excited for our trip!

That's literally one block from Casa Calexico! Have to give us a report on the hood! Enjoy!

keep in mind that CC is across the street and up a big hill from the ocean. If you want to shore dive the "house reef" you are carrying gear all that way. I don't consider something like that as a "house reef", and as I remember, Oil Slick Leap was down the road, not directly across from CC. That would be a long walk in my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom