Dive Knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mandy3206:
OK guys, I'll tell you what I'll do:

I'm going to start all over again, erase from my head all opinions (in favor and against) about DIR and make sure to read a lot of this forum in particular just to make sure I get a bigger picture of DIR, then in a couple of months, I'll make a well informed opinion about the subject, it may be in favor or against, I really don't know.

to this day,I've not made my opinion yet, but I'll start from scratch!!

How is that?
Now THAT sounds like a very fair statement! :crafty:

Start over with a clean slate, but remember to use what I like to call "the filter of reason" when you read things here or in any other public forum. You'll see both good and bad attitudes from people on both the "pro" and "con" sides of the "Is DIR good for ME?" question.

Personally, I don't see DIR as "good" or "bad". I see it as a system which people will either find "compatable" or "incompatable" with what they adopt as a diving philosophy.

As a system, I don't think anyone could be intellectually honest and say that it doesn't work. Even most individuals who are what you might consider "aggressively anti-DIR" admit that they use some or many of the individual components of the system. Some of these people might even agree that DIR works great as a sytem for the WKPP, but have decided that for whatever reason, it's just not for them. The DIR divers that I've spoken to think that's just fine. They just don't like it when someone who decides not to pursue the system for themselves, misrepresents the system in a negative light because they don't fully understand it.

Enjoy the process of evaluating the sytem for your own diving. While I am not DIR yet, I've found it fascinating to research the topic. So far, I have found it to be very compatible to my own diving philosophy.

You'll find a lot of very emotional discussion, but try to look past that and just look at the facts. A system of diving is not about the personalities of the individuals that do or don't use that system. Having said that, I will also say that I have personally met some really nice people who are DIR divers.

Dive safe!

Christian

Boogie:

I just realized that you printed rule #6 from the welcome thread, my mistake, I thought that you were telling me to post on some other forum.

Sorry for the mis interpretation.

Back to the knife topic ...

I use an Oceanic Arrow blunt tip, attached to my waist belt in a mini-maglite sheath.

It's basically the same knife as the Halcyon ... except that you can get 3 of 'em for what you'd pay for the Halcyon knife.

BTW - the 305 steel doesn't rust.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom