Dive Log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like spectrum's idea of writing a brief history of your diving. You could put this at the front of your new dive log and may help you recall info beneficial on future dives.

I like spectrum's idea of writing a brief history of your diving. You could put this at the front of your new dive log and may help you recall info beneficial on future dives.

You really underscore the value of a dive log. The vast majority of it's usefulness in in keeping track of things YOU need to know. Personally my local diving ranges from trunks to diving dry with full thermals from the 30s into the 70s Fahrenheit including fresh and salt water. Just keeping track of the many weight amounts and placements that make things tick is overwhelming without a paper trail.

Historically when was the ice out on a certain lake? What was that good restaurant near that dive site? What was the max depth on a site? What was the temperature of the water on a certain week of the year, what did I wear and was it enough? What made the dive unique? What did we see? Who did I buddy with? The list goes on and on.

At the end of the day, someone someday may want to view your log. Without a doubt a good log will enhance your diving and someday when your bones get tired it will be a treasured keepsake.

Pete

Lost my dive log, going to Roatan in 6 weeks, can i buy a new one and write in approx dates and places i have dove. What will i need to show the dive shops in Roatan?
Thanks

Good luck. There's always a lot of philosophy about logs. When you start a new one in Roatan make copies and put them in a safe place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom