Dive Master Classes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ASK... you are having the same questions everyone else is having. If you don't ask, they won't get answered. :D

NetDoc:
There are books, but the information is out on the internet already.
QUOTE]

Hi Pete,

Can you offer some suggested internet resources? (I'm finishing my DM class now, but am always on the lookout for good sources of diving info.)

Thanks in advance,
Grier

Well, there is this cool forum called ScubaBoard... :D

Actually, I was given a "word list" by my ITC director. Since I was crossing from PADI to NAUI I did not have the "Master Diver" book... so I went on the internet and started using Google to find what I needed. Many of those results linked right back to us. But I did get to see some other wonderful stuff that simply "wowed" me. So just try Google and hold onto your socks.

Ok, i think we will need this word list either prior to the training or of course during it. I can brainstorm a little, but after a while and not knowing the exact context and form of the course - who knows what i am really looking for! :wink:

Simon,

I will have a full sylabus for you this Wednesday.

NetDoc:
Well, there is this cool forum called ScubaBoard... :D

Actually, I was given a "word list" by my ITC director. Since I was crossing from PADI to NAUI I did not have the "Master Diver" book... so I went on the internet and started using Google to find what I needed. Many of those results linked right back to us. But I did get to see some other wonderful stuff that simply "wowed" me. So just try Google and hold onto your socks.

Pete, I'm already thinking of lobbying PADI, SSI, and NAUI to include the URL for Scubaboard in their OW training manuals. I sure wish I had discovered this place when I was starting out, but better late than never, eh?

In the spirit of sharing, I might suggest that other DM candidates check out http://www.mindspring.com/~divegeek
I found lots of good info there when I was doing my didactic portion of the DM course.

Take care,
Grier

That was a cool site Grier,

I invited him to come join us. :D

The first session seemed to go quite well. Seemed to plan out the what and how, if not the when yet, the why will come i guess soon enough! There are 5 of us, i have a good idea i am the oldest student by 9 years :wink:

I particularly like the touches with the pool training, not sounding impossible, but a challenge of sorts. Book work sounds fairly par of the course and of course who can complain at the chance to get out and dive :wink:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom