Dive Operator in Pompano

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaguy62:
So. Fla. Diving - flat top catamaran; a bit of a cattle style boat, but the crew is extremely fun and helpful.

Parrot Island - V hull boat (I think it's a 42'), docked right at the hillsborough inlet, where So. Fla. Diving would also exit (quicker trip to the reefs and wrecks), fun crew, but my vote on that dept. goes to So. Fla. Diving.

Either of them is a good operator, so it would really depend on who's available; price is about the same.

Scubatyme.............. not my, or other members' favorite...

There's also great shore diving in Pompano Beach, just off SE 12th Street.

If you get a chance and can go south to Ft. Lauderdale, I strongly recommend the American Dream II or the Pro Diver II

While I have read the previous posts on Scubatyme, I still have to say that they are a first rate operation. I have always been treated w the utmost courtosy on the boat and the DM, Bryan L., is one of the best I have dealt with. I have never had a bad drop w/ the boat (in over 30 dives), and have always observed the highest standards of stafety on the boat. Bottom line, great dive operator.

South Florida Divers is great if you book the Safari Diver. The aqua view is a 'cattle call'.

If you want to see the fishees, go with South Florida Divers. If you want some great, deep, wreck diving, call ScubaTyme w/ capatin Gary...

I just spoke with a friend who had fun diving down there, with Scubatyme. Unfortunately, I did find out while talking to her she didn't have an octo the entire week of diving, an no one on board the boat either noticed or cared. Her response to her negligence was "it's stupid I know". Yes...it is, never going to be my buddy!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom