Dive Operator in Pompano

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mavjax

Reaction score
We are going to be in Pompano in two weeks are are looking for a recommendation for an operator to take us out to see nice fishes, reefs and maybe a wreck. Looking at mid-week diving, probably the 23rd and/or 24th.

mavjax:
We are going to be in Pompano in two weeks are are looking for a recommendation for an operator to take us out to see nice fishes, reefs and maybe a wreck. Looking at mid-week diving, probably the 23rd and/or 24th.
We are diving with South Florida Diving Headquarters this weekend. Ill let you know how it goes, but Ive heard good things about them.

I have dove with Parrot Island a lot and they were great.
954 942-7333

Jerry at Parrot Island runs a great operation and he lets you dive to your own level of comfort. He is also located tight at the mouth of Hillsboro Inlet so once you leave the dock and clear the bridge, you're in the ocean in about four minutes heading for your dive site. He might have the shortest run to the sea of any dive op in southeastern Florida.
Oliver at Avid Divers run a 30' 6-pack and is a Scubaboard member. Because he picks you up at the public boat launch on NE 14th Street, make you that you have a $5 bill for parking.
www.aviddivercharters.com
You won't go wrong with either of these guys.

mavjax:

I'll Second the nod on Parrot Island Scuba. Jerry and Mike(DM) do a great job. FYI the boat in their fleet "fishfood" is aptly named. You'll like the "fathoms of fun" better.

Mike

I second the recomendation for South Florida Diving HQ. I dove with them last June and had a very good experience.

I'm gonna put in another vote for Parrot Island Scuba... Fun but safe boat and crew.

I dive a fair amount out of Sands Marina in Pompano. One of my favorite boats is Scubatyme Charters w/ Captain Gary. Excellent boat and crew! Info as follows:

http://www.scubatyme.com

Reservations can be made for Scubatyme Charters directly, via E-mail CaptainGary@scubatyme.com , Fax (954-784-3226) or Telephone (954-786-0909).

I have also dove w/ South Florida Diving Headquarters but only book dives on their 6-pack - Safari Diver. I tend to like smaller boats that cater to more advanced divers and Safari Diver typically does the deeper wrecks. All in all, a good outfit. Info as follows:

http://www.southfloridadiving.com

Their website is great and you can schedule online.

So. Fla. Diving - flat top catamaran; a bit of a cattle style boat, but the crew is extremely fun and helpful.

Parrot Island - V hull boat (I think it's a 42'), docked right at the hillsborough inlet, where So. Fla. Diving would also exit (quicker trip to the reefs and wrecks), fun crew, but my vote on that dept. goes to So. Fla. Diving.

Either of them is a good operator, so it would really depend on who's available; price is about the same.

Scubatyme.............. not my, or other members' favorite...

There's also great shore diving in Pompano Beach, just off SE 12th Street.

If you get a chance and can go south to Ft. Lauderdale, I strongly recommend the American Dream II or the Pro Diver II

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom