Dive Operators In Florida Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've also had many good experiences with Ocean Divers (103 dives over 6 years). Their boats go out very reliably and deliver you to the designated site unless it is not possible due to conditions. Their threshold for not diving is generally very reasonable. They will go out with 2 divers. I have been out to the Duane several times on Sunday afternoon with only 2 divers and they do not complain about the turnout or sacrifice good service. I've had the opportunity to do some less dived sites and/or drifts when the turnout has been low and has been made up of experienced divers. Captains Joe and Lou are among my favorites.

I usually stay at the Holiday Inn but there are several other hotels within walking distance. There are many good places to eat including The Galley next door on the 2nd floor next to Ocean Divers shop. Sharkey's Bar, downstairs, is quite the local hangout and has live music several nights per week.

Good diving, Craig

Where did you find this - the OP posted in August for an October trip - its come and gone

Still, lots of good info in this thread even though I don't agree with some of the recommended op's

Who can stop talking about the dive ops down there? We love them!

Capt. Slate of Atlantis Dive Center, and the trailer video for his "creature feature" as shot and edited by Fraiser Niven:

[vimeo]7695300[/vimeo]

I always go diving with Slate when in Key Largo. Hit a lot of spots since the 1970's with them, it's always been a great experience for me.

Here's the most recent one, a long overdue revisit to the Duane.

[vimeo]7713631[/vimeo]

Capt. Slate of Atlantis Dive Center, and the trailer video for his "creature feature" as shot and edited by Fraiser Niven
Despite having first met Slate when he first opened his shop in the late 70's, I never got around to doing the Creature Feature until about a month ago. What the heck was I waiting for? That is the most fun I've ever had breathing compressed air!!! Seriously, that should be one of the dives on your bucket list!!!

Who can stop talking about the dive ops down there? We love them!
You know, Pete, you're right!

(That and the weather in S. FL - but I don't want to turn this into the "Favorite Topics on ScubaBoard" - but since we are on the subject.......LDS or on line?)

You know, Pete, you're right!

(That and the weather in S. FL - but I don't want to turn this into the "Favorite Topics on ScubaBoard" - but since we are on the subject.......LDS or on line?)

Jup,

My LDS is also online. Does that make me an online shopper or a LDS supporter?? :idk:

Delivering a dive charter online is pretty tough...that's something you pretty much have to enjoy in person. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom