Dive operators in South Beach Miami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divers Paradise off Key Biscayne I can highly recommend. RJ's has a reputation....just do a google news search for them
Rick, I did come across those two incidents (actually, I know a guy who was on the police investigation for the Feb. 2013 fatality). Since at the time we were considering chartering RJ's for some work dives (the project in question fell through before we got that far) I asked my former DSO for his opinion. RSMAS still used them for scientific dive training afterwards and as of March 2013 had no complaints. There's a quite extensive thread on ScubaBoard (Accidents and Incidents forum) discussing the Feb. 2013 incident.

It's been a good 9 years since my last UM club dive with RJ's, but at the time I rated them well. Haven't been out with them since due to a 6-year exile out west and then being hellbent on logging most of my dives up north. I've only rented gear from Divers Paradise. Anyone know of any other Dade County dive boats?

RJ is a SoBe op.
I forgot that.
I have never been out with them.
Many of my dive-friends have, and they like that giant huge moo-cow cattle boat.

Chug
Likes six-packs, and also likes six-packs.

RJ Diving has now sold their company to a new owner.
Book with Squalo Divers, we use boats in Ft. Lauderdale, Pompano, Key Largo, Jupiter and Miami and provide transportation on our weekend trips.

Check with Sasha & his crew of South Beach Divers. They do pick ups at local hotels and drive the group of divers down for the afternoon to dive in Key Largo on Ocean Divers boats. I've met most of the SoBe staff.
SoBe sometimes asks us to guide their divers. Tell them Netdoc & I referred you.

They sold Jan. 22 this year.

Just got off the phone with Ani Gonzalez, Captain and Instructor. The new company is Deco Divers. They will be keeping the same schedule and spots as RJ diving, including the existing number and web site till their own is up and running. Jake Shekels is the new owner. Booking can be handled through Tarpoon at the Miami Beach marina location.

Just got off the phone with Ani Gonzalez, Captain and Instructor. The new company is Deco Divers. They will be keeping the same schedule and spots as RJ diving, including the existing number and web site till their own is up and running. Jake Shekels is the new owner. Booking can be handled through Tarpoon at the Miami Beach marina location.
I wish them the best of luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom