dive plan....HOW? waiting on charter to reveal location

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I should know what PCB stands for but I don't.

You can do a dive plan just before you get in the water at a minimum. There are several aspects of it you would do then anyway such as buddy checks and equipment checks.

You know the general type of diving you will be doing at the dive location now...warm water/cold water/drift and whether it's deep or shallow, etc.

You know whether or not you will bring your own buddy or if it will be an insta buddy. You know your own preferences regarding buddy protocol, lost buddy, etc.

On many boats as was mentioned you don't find out the destination until you get on the boat (in many cases) if it's weather dependent.

In a very limited way your plan may be dictated. Follow a DM or don't go below a certain depth, whether it's a live pickup or an anchored boat. Where the wreck or marine life is located will be given to you in most cases unless it's a self directed shore dive.

Not exactly sure either but could stand for Panama City Beach??....

EDIT: to the OP---it's hard to exactly predict the weather in the GOM.......I imagine you'll have plenty of time to plan it OR they will give you a dive plan---can also follow your computer......

Back
Top Bottom