dive quest at epcot - report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The other main reason to do it if you have kids. They, of course, are on the other side of the glass watching you. My kids had never seen me dive... until I dove EPCOT. That was cool enough, but what really made the experience was what my wife told me afterward.

When my son first saw me he yelled across the viewing area "Hey Emily... there's dad!" Well, in addition to my daughter running over... every other kid in the aquarium came running over. A dozen or so according to my wife. My kids became instant celebrities.

"That's your dad?"
"Wow!"
"Which one is your dad?"
"He knows there's sharks in there?"
"He must be really brave."
"You are so lucky!"
"I wish my dad was that cool!"

If you are a diver with kids and don't do this dive... you're nuts.

That is awesome!! I had a similar experience with my daughter. For her 8th birthday, my wife and I took her and my son to EPCOT for the day and also for me to dive with a local dive group. Unbeknownst to her, the 3 of us had made a sign for her (double laminated) which EPCOT gave me special permission to bring along on my dive. (Tightly rolled up inside my BCD) When our group was given the OK by the Disney DM to go explore the tank on our own, I went over to the glass in the main viewing area. My wife, son and daughter came over to see me and when they got in front of me, I unfurled a "Happy Birthday" sign which had instructions for everyone in the viewing room to sing to her, along with my wife and son, which they did. My kids (and wife) got a lot of the same comments your family did from the other kids (and parents). 2012-08-04_20-18-16_362.jpg

I am seeing here that Disney will allow you to bring your computer and swim fins. Is this correct?

Any by computer, they mean wrist computer, not a console type. I believe that they will make an exception and allow you to bring your own wetsuit--but it has to be BRAND NEW (tags still attached). If you're the cold blooded type, ask and they'll give you a 2nd shortie to layer up a bit.

We had a great time. I brought my mask and my wrist computer as planned and my wife took along her wrist easel. My kids and my 4 year year old grand niece thought it was a real hoot to see their Aunt and Uncle in the water. This was one of the highlights of our trip.

We had length of stay passes however for divers coming in for the day, park admission is not required and once finished with the dive, you get full access to Epcot.

I just booked my wife and I into a dive when we visit this October. If you use a Disney Visa card, you get a 15% discount off the rack rate of $175. Not as good as the group rate but, I will take it.

Disney told me when I booked that the only personal gear they allow are masks and dive watches. I am seeing here that Disney will allow you to bring your computer and swim fins. Is this correct?

Thanks for everyone's reviews and input.

Attachments

• Divequest.jpg
    Divequest.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 79
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom