Dive Report 4/28 - Bainbridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PA/NJdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Waterlover and I did two dives at Bainbridge yesterday. The water level is down there several feet and made entering and exiting the water a little difficult. There were so many open water students there. Needless to say, viz wasn't very good where they were. We dropped down and couldn't tell where the bottom was.

Waterlover is a technical instructor and has been teaching and grooming me to become a tech diver. Dive number 1 yesterday was practicing using a deco bottle. I have been diving with a deco bottle on several dives and getting used to swimming with it. Today's exercise was taking the deco bottle off and replacing it while remaining neutrally buoyant. I must say, I am now having a lot of fun with these skills. I did alright but need to get a little quicker at it. I also practiced my backward kick, which I'm getting better at. Lastly, I tried valve shutdowns while neutrally buoyant. It wasn't too bad. I started laughing in the middle of it imagining how I looked. I just had a lot of fun.

The second dive was just a "fun" swim dive over to a deep boat and the pump house. Again, it was a great dive. Viz was decent at these areas -- around 10 feet. This is the first time we have been at Bainbridge that we saw freshwater sponges. Waterlover has been diving there for many, many years and has never seen the freshwater sponges. Water temp at depth was a usual 42 degrees, but the surface is starting to warm up a bit.:)

Stacey

Back
Top Bottom