Dive Report - Ft Pickens 4/2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OysterBoot74

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Dad and I dove late morning on 4/2. There was ~10ft viz in the top 15 feet and the water appeared beautiful from the surface. At about 15ft we hit murky water (~4ft viz) that persisted throughout the rest of the dive. It beat being at work though and we still enjoyed the dive. Interestingly, at 9am there were fishermen on the beach stretching from Halfway between the jetties and the pier, all the way past the jetties to the West for another 100 feet. I had never seen so many fishermen on the beach! That wouldn't have been so bad except there were also ~8 or 10 boats packed into the same area. So, we dove nearer the pier and enjoyed a wasteland for most of the dive in 65F water. However, we did stumble upon a nice big culvert or such that held a big, beautiful octopus, more anemones of varying sizes than I could count, and two small frogfish among other things. One good thing about adapting your plans is that sometimes you find new things to look at. Grin. I had inadvertantly put a memory card that was too large into my camera so it decided not to participate in the dive or I'd post pics. I guess it is time to upgrade my equipment. I hate that I missed the nicer viz on Thursday but things change rapidly. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom