Dive Report - Orange Grove, Peacock, Royal, Little River - 9/15/2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaveSloth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Dove Orange Grove, Peacock I, Royal Spring & Little River Spring.

Orange Grove - Bad visibility above the thermocline at around 35 feet. Increasingly clear below that. Lots of dead trees down in the cavern at 50-60 ft. Someone get rid of these! Haha. Cavern goes down to 90ft+. Set your dive computer for the gas you are using and carefully watch your NDL. It was fun and felt like Indiana Jones coming up through all the green scum at the surface. Surface is entirely covered by some kind of weird green scum / micro leaf plant.

Peacock I - Beautiful clarity. Easy to lose daylight so keep an eye on the entrance and don't go too far unless cave trained! We spent over an hour on one dive in here exploring around all within daylight zone, watching our air, NDLs etc... Amazing. Great place to practice your buoyancy and trim and skills in my opinion.

Royal Spring - Zero visibility both in the basin and the cavern entrance. Do not enter the cavern. Extremely dangerous. We spent 5 minutes and left. Tons of rescue diver training scenarios happening there. Madhouse.

Little River - Beautiful clarity. Tree somewhat blocking entrance. Maybe a good thing to keep people out. Watch out for cave students practicing laying line. Keep an eye on the daylight and don't go too far in unless cave trained!

Thanks for the report. Probably duckweed on the surface of Orange Grove. Did playing around there make you want to start your cave courses?

Yes duckweed, it keeps the algae at bay, so it is pretty clear after the first 20-30 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom