Dive Report: USS Oriskany 2/21/2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great pics Barry! I absolutely LOVE the soapfish with rust all over his fins! It's good to know I'm not the only one with crappy buoyancy control (at least with a lp 120) :wink:

We need to exchange dvd's with our pics and vids sometime soon.

-h

Good Video and pictures Guy's. I am past due for that Great dive. and it is always worth the effort.

Wow! Great videos, pictures, and reports guys! Thank you! That looks like one of those dives you just have to do at least once.

Thanks again for letting us dive vicariously!

Nice pictures and video. It is good to see that conditions are starting to allow for more trips out that way. We need to get a full boat of Scubaboarders and West Florida Dive Club members out on the "O" this summer, that would be a good time!

Great photos. Xray, I tried to figure out what species your first damselfish pic is because I was not immediately familiar with it. You have another pic of this fish second down after the soapfish. After consulting a couple of books, it appears to be a yellowtail reeffish, which is deeper-dwelling than most damselfish. Characteristic is the iridescent blue "v" over the eyes. Good capture of what may be a rather uncommon fish unless you do a lot of deep dives.

You guys get extra points for diving in crappy conditions! Great video and pictures. I can't wait until next weekend. We have three days of diving the O if the conditions are okay

Dave, I had that on my to-do list today to look that fish up in my reef id book. I'd say you were spot on, great fish to photograph, very photogenic fish. Always stopped at the right sopt and paused. The soap fish will do the same as it's relentless in its efforts to get published! :cool2:

Great photos. Xray, I tried to figure out what species your first damselfish pic is because I was not immediately familiar with it. You have another pic of this fish second down after the soapfish. After consulting a couple of books, it appears to be a yellowtail reeffish, which is deeper-dwelling than most damselfish. Characteristic is the iridescent blue "v" over the eyes. Good capture of what may be a rather uncommon fish unless you do a lot of deep dives.

We tried for weeks to get out on H2O below, with no luck, and when we saw the waves were 1-3 we weren't sure why (Except for that thingy in New Orleans :blinking: ) So we made some calls to we found someone that would go!

You guys get extra points for diving in crappy conditions! Great video and pictures. I can't wait until next weekend. We have three days of diving the O if the conditions are okay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom