Dive Report: USS Oriskany 2/21/2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow guys, thanks for the great pics and that awesome video. It will be quite awhile until I even get certified enough to go diving on the "O".

Xray, what I did to id the fish was to first consult Humann. Yellowtail reeffish appeared to be the closest thing to your photo, but the color in Humann's photo didn't quite match yours. I have the Humann 2nd ed., maybe he has more photos for this fish in the 3rd ed. I think Humann's photo was of a juvenile, while yours was of an adult. Because I was still uncertain, I went to "Fishes of the Gulf of Mexico": Amazon.com: Fishes of the Gulf of Mexico: Texas, Louisiana, and Adjacent Waters (W.L. Moody, Jr., Natural History Series , No 22): H. Dickson Hoese, Richard H. Moore: Books
This nailed it down. In case you don't have it, I recommend this latter book as a reference, although it is rather dry and technical and the pictures aren't very good.

Holy Crap, Alex! I just watched your video and WOW!!!!! My breath was taken away...

I agree!!! Awesome guys. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom