Dive report -Vortex Springs 10 07 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're new to doubles please be careful doing valve shutdown drills. If you don't have someone who knows what they are doing watching you ready to donate asap then either have a stage laying in front of you on the platform turned on and ready to go or (better) just simulate turning the valves off. you don't want to mess up and end up with both turned off at once and struggling to get one turned back on again.

don't ask me how I know :D

Thanks for the advice!

I managed to do a valve drill while at Vortex, then proceeded down to the cavern. At 50 feet, I tried to inflate my drysuit a bit,...and got nothing. Hmmm...the hose was connected, it worked during pre-dive checks...I had no idea what was wrong. I thumbed the dive, then as we were proceeding back to the exit point, thought to myself..."D'oh!". Checked my SPG....it read "0"...went and turned my left post back on. :D

I've got an AL40 that's currently being used as a pony bottle until AN/DP class; I'll be sure to take it with me and set it on the platform, just in case.

I am happy some of the pictures turned out decent. I need to work on the picture taking one of these days. As far as how far down we went, I took him down to the Christmas lights, showed him how the Christmas lights turn down and then gave the turn around sign. I didn't trust myself going any further without an instructor. I am not hooked just yet on caves, it is something that I would love to do in the future, but wanting to search for artifacts and dinosaur teeth/bones, dredge for gold in Alaska, and wreck diving are taking all my money currently., I will have to put cave diving on hold.

I may go out to ABWA also tomorrow and Friday (went today but no one was there) , on vacation this week so trying to get some practice in.

I may go out to ABWA also tomorrow and Friday (went today but no one was there) , on vacation this week so trying to get some practice in.

I have to play in a golf tournament Thursday but I'll be at ABWA around 11 or 12 Friday. Saturday I'm either gonna go back to ABWA or go down to the farm and tighten up some treestand straps.

Back
Top Bottom