Dive Reports From Nautilus in Los Cabos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today's Dive Sites: The Cannery, Pelican Rock and North Wall
Max Depth 85ft
Water Temps 64F-70F Visibility 10F
We were out diving the Nautilus ECCR today and the conditions were very similar to yesterday. Found a nice selections of Morays and a large Snake Eel... Many Moorish Idols, Scorpionfish, Parrotfish, and lots of Puffers around today. For a selection of photos please view Local Diving | Facebook

Happy Diving!!!

Todays Sites: The Cannery, Pelican Rock and North Wall
Water Temps 62F-70F Visibility 20-30ft
Max Depth 120ft
At Pelican rock the visibility was much better today and there were schools of fish everywhere. We saw a Leopard Shark along North Wall and dozens of Rays at the cannery as well as many Morays. Almost no current and only light winds.. All in all a great day of diving!!

Hi Guys, Something really cool is happening with the water and sealife in Cabo at the moment off out for a night dive now but I will update more with pictures tomorrow...Happy Diving!!!

Todays Sites: Neptunes Finger, North Wall, The Cannery, Pelican Rock

Water Temps 62F-68F Visibility 20-30ft

Max Depth 70ft

A little bit of southward current at Neptunes Finger and a bit breezy throughout the day.Sealife here has gone crazy there are hundreds of Carpet Sharks scattered around the place and also hundreds of morays... I think in one of our photos you can count around 20 Morays 5 Sharks and a Lobster. There are wall to wall Squirrel Fish a selection of different types of unusual rays, Scorpionfish, Grouper and Parrotfish. It seems like the cool waters have brought up a very unusual selection of fish . At times through the dives we were literally swimming through a carpet of fish to see what was below!!! Visibility had increased dramatically through the day but by the time of the night dive had dropped back to around 10ft.

Its always amazing to dive here but its extra special at the moment :)..... Will upload some new pictures later on Local Diving | Facebook

Happy Diving ;-)

Todays Sites: Pelican Rock, North Wall and The Cannery
Water Temps 64-68F Visibility 5-10ft
Max Depth 90ft
Well the water conditions here are very unusual at the moment and we are still surrounded by unusual sea creatures but the visibility had dropped way down today. Still hundreds of little sharks, eels and Scorpionfish as well as lots of Parrotfish and large Groupers. In spite of the low visibility it was still a great day of diving!!!

I went diving with Nautilus again on tuesday night, I also did two dives with them yesterday. As usual, I had an awesome time with them. The visibility definitely could have been better, but I still got to see a lot of wildlife that aren´t normally around, and especially in such large numbers. Can´t wait to go out diving with them again.

We have spent part of the day today trying to identify the type of Carpet Shark that are appearing here and we now believe them to be Swell Sharks :D.....

Attachments

• IMG_3509.jpg
    IMG_3509.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 144
:cool2:

Attachments

• IMG_3594 [800x600].jpg
    IMG_3594 [800x600].jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3551 [800x600].jpg
    IMG_3551 [800x600].jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3520 [800x600].jpg
    IMG_3520 [800x600].jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3546 [800x600].jpg
    IMG_3546 [800x600].jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3504 [800x600].jpg
    IMG_3504 [800x600].jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3545 [800x600].jpg
    IMG_3545 [800x600].jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 58
IMG_3570 [800x600].jpgIMG_3636 [800x600].jpgIMG_3606 [800x600].jpgIMG_3547 [800x600].jpg

Todays Sites: Neptunes Finger and The Cannery
Water Temps: 65-75f
Max Depth 110FT
Visibility 7-20ft

The water temperature seems to be improving near the surface this week although its still a little cool at depth. Visibility was mixed today, down to about 40ft it was around 7-10ft and then it cleared up. Still a great selection of creatures around including a nice Manta today at Neptunes Finger. Big schools of Jacks around, lots of Morays,Frogfish and Rays

Happy Diving!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom