Dive Rite 905

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Icarusflies

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello Guys;

I am moving to Europe in one month and I need to buy a drysuit.

A lot of my gear is Dive Rite so I am strongly considering the 905 front zip. Have you guys used this drysuit and what do you think about it?

For you guys in Europe, do you think I have a hard time getting repairs done to this suit in Europe?

Thanks;

You have diverite distributors in Europe, so it shouldn't be a problem. Why don't you call them directly and asck them. I actually had to call them myself last week, they have a very good customer service.

I have read good things about the 905.

How long can a zipper last without major problems?

Icarusflies:
Hello Guys;

I am moving to Europe in one month and I need to buy a drysuit.

A lot of my gear is Dive Rite so I am strongly considering the 905 front zip. Have you guys used this drysuit and what do you think about it?

For you guys in Europe, do you think I have a hard time getting repairs done to this suit in Europe?

Thanks;

The 905 is made in Europe. (Finland or Norway Sweeden or one of those "northern European countries"). In theory it should be repairable there.

I'd buy it over there.

why? Because most likely less customs fees applied to the product, the value of the US Dollar to the EURO works in your advantage over there, and you might actually get it once you order it.

(from what I understand from some folks that have ordred a 905 in the US, they've still not gotten it MONTHS after it was ordered).

mike_s:
The 905 is made in Europe. (Finland or Norway Sweeden or one of those "northern European countries"). In theory it should be repairable there.

I'd buy it over there.

why? Because most likely less customs fees applied to the product, the value of the US Dollar to the EURO works in your advantage over there, and you might actually get it once you order it.

(from what I understand from some folks that have ordred a 905 in the US, they've still not gotten it MONTHS after it was ordered).

It's made in Finland. And you might find it takes a while to get it here too, unless you're moving to Finland... I have only looked at it, but thorughly. It's rugged, and it's heavy. If you like it "indistructable", it's cool. But you'd better be lucky with a standard size. If you wish to have boots changed or legs chopped, please have your local work shop do it. If they order it "custom fit" from the factory, get ready for a waiting game...

Anyways, the 905 IS a great suit. But so are many other dry suits readily available, so what's the point of waiting? OK, I'm still waiting for my new Hunter Pro VSN-1100 TEK. But heck, I have a room full of drysuits to use while waiting, at my very own* "LDS" :D

(* Literally, I own it myself, ha ha!)

Thank you for the feed back.

I call Dive Rite this after noon and yes, they have distribuitors in Europe so I have one less problem.

The delivery time is not that bad. I can have one in 7 days.

My doubt now is to get a fron zipper or back zipper. The self donning issue is not an issue so I am inclined to get a back zip to have a more stream lines suit...comments?

They are both very nice suits. The Dive Rite is a nice suit, I don't think it is heavy at all. It is durable but the material seems very light. I have sold a good many of these at a good deal and have had few complaints.

Brent

Icarusflies:
Thank you for the feed back.

The delivery time is not that bad. I can have one in 7 days.

:rofl3: I hope you didn't put any money down yet on that 'promise'. :rofl3:

One of the guys in my dive club ordered one in October last year. HE STILL DOESN"T HAVE IT YET.

They've told him about every excuse under the moon.
blamed it on Customs, blamed it on design change, blamed it on backorders, blamed it on changing to front zipper...

I asked him last week if he had gotten his 905 drysuit yet and he just gave me a sour look and said a real long sour sounding 'nooooooooo!!!'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom