Dive Rite Nitek Duo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On items NOT made in the USA, Canada is cheaper. The USA has heavy tarrifs and duties on SCUBA gear imported into the country.

I just yesterday plunked down my credit card for the nitek duo, I'm glad to see/hear that others are in fact looking at this computer, altho at this point the die is cast for my decision. In researching it was hard finding many others who have actually used it.

This one is replacing my aging aladin sport which has been reliable but never been easy to use and doesn't accomodate nitrox. I went for the duo instead of the plus mainly because of the larger display. I've heard re conservatism that it comes down in the middle, not quite so conservative as the suuntos. Well I'll find out when I head down to Grand turk in early June.
Glo

leadweight:
Does any one know what the profiles are like on this computer? In other words, does it allow a lot of no-stop time like an Aeris, Oceanic or older Aladin, or does it go for the short bottom times like the Suunto line? Many of the Dive Rite computers to date have tended towards the short no-stop times and this is the usual for computers aimed at technical divers.
It uses the same algorithm (Buhlman ZH-L16) as the other Dive Rite computers.
It is essentially a 2-gas version of the Cressi Archimede, which behave somewhat similar to the ScubaPro/Uwatec computers (see Rodale's Freedom vs. Risk charts).

ScubaRon:
It uses the same algorithm (Buhlman ZH-L16) as the other Dive Rite computers.
It is essentially a 2-gas version of the Cressi Archimede, which behave somewhat similar to the ScubaPro/Uwatec computers (see Rodale's Freedom vs. Risk charts).

From what I got reading through the manual on the Dive Rite website it appears as though the user can set its level of conservatism to some extent.

Mortlock:
From what I got reading through the manual on the Dive Rite website it appears as though the user can set its level of conservatism to some extent.

Done by adjusting the altitude setting for for "adding" a measure of conservativism.
Glo

I just started checking out this computer and would like to hear what people paid for it. I was looking at the Suunto Viper but I like the idea of the two gases. The Vytec is a lot more money and the only real difference is the three gas switching. db

I dive the Nitek Plus - and absolutely LOVE it.

I know it's not the duo, but still a similar vein. A very, very nice computer overall.

Unfortunately...I don't know what I paid for it. My LDS hasn't asked me to pay for it yet :)

I just bought a NiTek Duo for my wife and I. Haven't dived with it yet, but after messing around with it I have to say it's a pretty sweat little unit! Big numbers and what is most important is that it's extremely easy and logical to use.

Morty

Back
Top Bottom