Dive Rite TransPac and TransPlate question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got the jet harness stuff today; it looks terrific. That wing is pretty small! Sumguy, would you mind measuring your travel wing fully inflated? The jet harness wing is 21" long, 17 1/2" wide at the bottom, the circumference at the bottom (biggest part) is about 14" if you wrap a tape around it and about 8" at the top. It only takes 3 good breaths to inflate it.

I'd be curious if it is a travel wing clone.

mattboy:
I got the jet harness stuff today; it looks terrific. That wing is pretty small! Sumguy, would you mind measuring your travel wing fully inflated? The jet harness wing is 21" long, 17 1/2" wide at the bottom, the circumference at the bottom (biggest part) is about 14" if you wrap a tape around it and about 8" at the top. It only takes 3 good breaths to inflate it.

I'd be curious if it is a travel wing clone.

I'd say it's not a clone, but they sure look alike in the pix I've seen.
My wing is 19 1/2" long and 15 3/4" wide at the bottom.
Bottom circumference is 14 1/4" and top is 10" to 11".
These are just approx, of course, but done with a measuring tape.

I was surprised to find the Dive Rite smaller; it's listed as 30+ lbs of lift, while the Jet Harness is 26. Strange.

My backplate arrived today. Looks great attached to my wing. :)
Now, I just need some way to attach it to me. :wink:

sumguy:
How does the DR deluxe harness mount to the bp? Same way as the TransPlate?

I threaded the deluxe harness yesterday; it's not difficult. The instructions with the harness are not great but it's not too complicated a job. Basically it's 3 pieces of strap with a few D rings and keepers. Plus, you can look at the photos on the jet harness site for some things, and there are lots of old threads on this forum about threading harnesses. Once it's on and semi-adjusted, it's very easy to take on and off and pretty comfortable. I'm trying to get in the pool this week and go for a lake dive over the weekend. BTW, what did you get for cam straps? I got the jet ones; $10/pr.

For now, I'm just using the cam straps from my Ranger. I want to replace them with some stainless steel ones, but haven't gotten around to it, yet. I decided against the deluxe harness because I want the shoulder straps from the TransPlate and TransPac.

I've got the Jet harness complete with wing, and a Hammerhead plate with the Jet wing. Even though Jeff's wing is rated for 27lbs, I suspect he has it underrated. I can dive my steel 120 in a 7mm with 8lbs of ditchable weight and still have tons of lift. It takes very little inflation to float my tank and harness at the surface when ditching to get back on the boat. Man, just when I thought I had a market for all of these sharp sticks I have..........and you guys get it figured out.

Hey Ranger, I've got a question. It looks to me like the LP hose that came with the wing is going to be way too long; I haven't had a chance to put a tank on the set-up yet. Are you using the LP hose that came with it? Mine is an inch or so longer than the one for my SP BC, and it looks like the way the tank will mount, I could use one at least 2" shorter. It's a pretty short inflator.

Back
Top Bottom