DIVE Rpt-Jupiter SB Gathering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
A full {limited load} boat at Jupiter Dive Center with a bunch of ScubaBoard members gathering together to go diving. This was one of those rare opportunities to Meet & Greet those people who you have always read their postings here and wondered what they are really like in person. Gotta tell you,, it was a BLAST !!

But how was the diving??? Wellllllll...If you like 7 footers,,It Was GREAT !! Viz was 40ish, Temps were 77 degrees and a north current at 2 knots. 1st drop--The Jupiter 3 Wrecks Trek. Hit the Zion wreck on a perfect glide path right to it after splashing and a bunch of Sharks came in to play. We ended up at the Bonaire wreck with even more sharks and Goliaths.

Surface interval was everyone talking and laughing. sharing stories about ScubaBoard postings and other members they have dove with. Couldn't forget the steaming hot Blueberry pancake with sausage on a stick snacks. I fed the crew and all those working inside the shop too.

2nd dive was a reef dive on Loggerhead, but viz was hazy. Lots of turtles that you could get up close to.

Back at the dock at an easy 12:30pm and it was really a great dive boat trip to meet with a bunch of ScubaBoard members.

It's always fun to see a “Be There” with us video. So below, here's a short 2 minute video of the whole gathering & dives via YouTube

So how did this gathering get started? It was just a few member who wanted to go diving and it grew from there adding more people. Like posted> EVERYONE IS INVITED, it's not a club. If you want to join in the next one, put up a reply in this thread and we'll make sure you are notified in advance of the next JUP/WPB gathering

Thanks to @Jim Blay @CosbySweater @jeffsky29 @DavidFL & Mr. Shadow

Jim Blay, CosbySweater, Jeffsky29, Davidfl, Mr. Shadow,

Youtube Link: 2 minute very short video

Nice!

Sorry I missed this trip but I had a recce dive scheduled that I didn’t want to back out of.

I dig the BlackTip’s smile at 1:55.

I’ll be on the lookout for the next iteration...would very much like to be a part of it.

A full {limited load} boat at Jupiter Dive Center with a bunch of ScubaBoard members gathering together to go diving. This was one of those rare opportunities to Meet & Greet those people who you have always read their postings here and wondered what they are really like in person. Gotta tell you,, it was a BLAST !!

But how was the diving??? Wellllllll...If you like 7 footers,,It Was GREAT !! Viz was 40ish, Temps were 77 degrees and a north current at 2 knots. 1st drop--The Jupiter 3 Wrecks Trek. Hit the Zion wreck on a perfect glide path right to it after splashing and a bunch of Sharks came in to play. We ended up at the Bonaire wreck with even more sharks and Goliaths.

Surface interval was everyone talking and laughing. sharing stories about ScubaBoard postings and other members they have dove with. Couldn't forget the steaming hot Blueberry pancake with sausage on a stick snacks. I fed the crew and all those working inside the shop too.

2nd dive was a reef dive on Loggerhead, but viz was hazy. Lots of turtles that you could get up close to.

Back at the dock at an easy 12:30pm and it was really a great dive boat trip to meet with a bunch of ScubaBoard members.

It's always fun to see a “Be There” with us video. So below, here's a short 2 minute video of the whole gathering & dives via YouTube

So how did this gathering get started? It was just a few member who wanted to go diving and it grew from there adding more people. Like posted> EVERYONE IS INVITED, it's not a club. If you want to join in the next one, put up a reply in this thread and we'll make sure you are notified in advance of the next JUP/WPB gathering

Thanks to @Jim Blay @CosbySweater @jeffsky29 @DavidFL & Mr. Shadow

Jim Blay, CosbySweater, Jeffsky29, Davidfl, Mr. Shadow,

Youtube Link: 2 minute very short video

Video is like a pro did it, love it!

Good times and good diving with good people. Love the video and the write up @Johnoly. It was nice to meet some south Florida SB’ers in person today. Hoping to get to dive with each of you again soon. Shoot me a PM the next time any of you are in the Jupiter/WPB area. If the weathers good I’ll be diving and diving is always more fun with friends!

Typing this from isle 3 at Walmart…..:wink:

John thanks for putting this fun day together! It was great meeting everyone today. And the sausage pancakes on a stick were a real treat. Also, thanks for ordering all the sharks and turtles - Amazing!

Lastly, great video John!!

Looking forward to the next Scubaboard get together.

Jeff

P.S. See you at Walmart, CosbySweater.

Thanks for organizing this @Johnoly!! Great video!

It was a blast diving with everyone. Looking forward to the next one!

We need to shoot for a 4-6’ forecast so we can end up with 1-2’ :wink:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom