Dive Season Kickoff - Greater Ozarks Dive Society

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChickenFried

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all,
Our dive club, the Greater Ozarks Dive Society, is planning a kickoff to the 2015 dive season at Beaver Lake. We will be meeting on April 25th, at 8am at the Dam Site North park (The Bluffs). We will be doing a couple of dives followed by a cookout of hamburgers and hotdogs. We think that it will be a great opportunity to do a meet and greet with other local divers. Also, we'll be happy to share information about our club and some of the other dives that we are planning on doing this summer and fall.

If you are interested in coming to the kickoff, we ask that you check out the event on our Facebook page and click Going or Maybe if you are interested in attending. This is so we can get a rough head count for the food. Below is the event page, and feel free to check out the rest of our Facebook page while you are at it!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1640808516148086/

Hope to see you out there!

---------- Post added April 15th, 2015 at 06:54 PM ----------

P.S. The water is still chilly. If you want to skip the diving part, you are still welcome to come out to the cookout and chat with us. That should get going right around noon.

The water is starting to warm up into the fifty's with no cline as of yet but down deep expect forty-ish. Viz is also getting better after our rain as of late and this is a great time of year to see the bluff's and cove without student divers and boat traffic!

The water is starting to warm up into the fifty's with no cline as of yet but down deep expect forty-ish. Viz is also getting better after our rain as of late and this is a great time of year to see the bluff's and cove without student divers and boat traffic!

50's... now we're talking...

Sorry I missed you all Saturday.

We did get up there today.

Viz was pretty good 25' to 30' Lots of stripers, water temp low 50's above about 30' and upper 40's down to about 60'

No worries NWA395. I am sure we will meet up sometime. Glad you were able to make it out there Sunday.

I was really happy with the Viz as well. Imagine what it would be like if it didn't rain for a week.

GOPR0009.jpgGOPR0010.jpgGOPR0011.jpgGOPR0012.jpgGOPR0013.jpgGOPR0015.jpgGOPR0016.jpgGOPR0017.jpgGOPR0018.jpgGOPR0019.jpgGOPR0020.jpgGOPR0021.jpgGOPR0022.jpgThe viz is really good right now even down deep! I made two very good dives yesterday in prep for an upcoming Huron trip.
I stopped off at the White Alligator and took a few photos and then dropped off into the deep below to 150ft and found that there was great viz and found it easy to move around in the trees. now the depth of the bluffs goes on down to 170ft but my target was 150 so I had a great dive and saw more of the bluffs than I have ever seen in the past!

Back
Top Bottom