dive shop in La Romana ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ksh

Reaction score
Hi,

We are trying to find *any* dive shop near La Romana, DR that will take us to Catalina island. We'll be there with a cruiseship, so need to set times, etc ahead of time...Please, help!!!

Kathy

There are several in Bayahibe. You'll find them, and the diving, reviewed in my feature article in the Jun '03 issue of "Undercurrent." http://www.undercurrent.org/

I'm not aware of any ops right in La Romana, but from the La Romana dock to the Bayahibe shops is only a 15-20" ride. Scubafun might even send a van. Ask them.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

I'd recommend scubafun too if you can get them. I'll be diving with them again someday

I have to disagree with anyone recommending Scubafun. We dove with them on November 7th, 2003, and they were not only the most disorganized dive op, but put 13 people in a 28 foot boat that should have never held more than 8 divers. We were sardines and had to take turns putting on fins as everyones knees were hitting each other. A "cattle boat" would have been an improvement over our Sardine boat! We even had to drop 7 divers in first, and then let the other 6 put on the rest of their gear.

Oh, I forgot to mention, we had to put our wet suits on at the beach, in the sand, before going out in the water knee deep to get into the boat. There was no bench to sit on while we put on the suits on shore, and there was no dock for the boat. It was just pulled up on (near) the shore .

Is there ANY where you haven't been, DocVikingo? I think I will start a dive shop and not tell you about it just so I know one has escaped you....seriously, good post.

Back
Top Bottom