Dive Shop Recommendation in Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

babydoll

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I will be visiting Cancun with another friend, and we would like to do some diving in Cancun, day trip to Cozumel, and also to the caverns.
We will be staying in Cancun. Do you have any recommendations on good dive operations? Both of us will be renting gears so would like to go with a place that takes proper care of their equipments.

Thank you in advance for your input!

Hi all,

I will be visiting Cancun with another friend, and we would like to do some diving in Cancun, day trip to Cozumel, and also to the caverns.
We will be staying in Cancun. Do you have any recommendations on good dive operations? Both of us will be renting gears so would like to go with a place that takes proper care of their equipments.

Thank you in advance for your input!
Scorpiodivers will pick you up at your hotel and take you to all of those places.
http://www.facebook.com/scorpiodiverscancun

Hello Babydoll, my name is Alvaro Gonzalez, I´ve been teaching and conducting divers for over 32 years in this area of Mexico, Cancun, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen and Cenotes (Mayan Riviera) I run Alwaysdiving based in Cancun, we will more tan gladd to take care of you and your friend for your dives, we have the experience, take a look about the way we care of my people on here Always Diving & Water Sports - Cancun - Reviews of Always Diving & Water Sports - TripAdvisor We believe in make friends not costumers, so, feel free to contact us. Check some of our videos here alwaysdiving - YouTube We also have some other activities in our facilities like Wave runners, deep sea fishing trips, parasailing and more, we include transportation in all our trips. Send us some lines and wwe can prepare you a customized dive plan for you. best regards from the paradise

Solo Buceo seemed to have decent gear, as far as rentals go. I think they also had a Japanese speaking dive master, if that would be of use to you.

Hello Babydoll, for a personalized service, private in Cancun and very personalized in Cozumel and Caverns, please click on the website and shoot us an email.
We specialize in small groups for Caverns and Cozumel and private service (your group even if 1 diver) in Cancun.
Best,

Solo Buceo seemed to have decent gear, as far as rentals go. I think they also had a Japanese speaking dive master, if that would be of use to you.
Really? When we were out with them 18 months ago, they had a pier that was in danger of falling down, literally, and the most primitive 'dive boats' I've ever seen. Not even a ladder to climb back in the boat, never mind a rinse shower or a shady area. We are going back in March and I am looking for a more professional outfit.

Really? When we were out with them 18 months ago, they had a pier that was in danger of falling down, literally, and the most primitive 'dive boats' I've ever seen. Not even a ladder to climb back in the boat, never mind a rinse shower or a shady area. We are going back in March and I am looking for a more professional outfit.

The dock was still standing when I dove there in November. I thought the boat we used was fine. It had a canopy, though it wasn't deployed. I suppose anyone could have asked to captain to open it up had they wanted shade. It did not have a ladder, we used a boarding platform. Didn't think it was an issue.

As far as onboard shower? I think you might be out of luck there.

I was there last February and that pier was weathered, (what isn't in the tropical sun?) but structurally very sound. I'm not sure what got your underwear in a bunch, but Solo Buceo is set up for divers and is well equipped. The smaller, two trip per day boats are intended for the general public for morning or afternoon trips and are well equipped and comfortable for the job. If you have the means and would like the accommodation, I'm sure that you could discuss your needs with either Rodrigo or Alberto and they can bring out their yacht for you. I've been on it and I think that you would find it more than luxurious.

When I was there last February, NATGEO was using their boats and services and was extremely pleased with their professionalism.

I was there last February and that pier was weathered, (what isn't in the tropical sun?) but structurally very sound. I'm not sure what got your underwear in a bunch, but Solo Buceo is set up for divers and is well equipped. The smaller, two trip per day boats are intended for the general public for morning or afternoon trips and are well equipped and comfortable for the job. If you have the means and would like the accommodation, I'm sure that you could discuss your needs with either Rodrigo or Alberto and they can bring out their yacht for you. I've been on it and I think that you would find it more than luxurious.

When I was there last February, NATGEO was using their boats and services and was extremely pleased with their professionalism.
What got my 'panties in a bunch'? Try this on. When I signed in for the dives I indicated we needed complete gear set ups top to bottom and 12 lbs on the weight. "Oh yes, missus. I carry all your gear to the boat and set everything up for you'. Sounds great as the boat is at the very end of the pier. Until we motored out to the site, only to discover he had no masks and no fins for either of us. So we all motor back to the pier, as there is absolutely nothing on the boat (as the boat was very small with no storage). We get back out to the site and get in the water. The boat was so small and full that I literally could not see what was on the belt when we were suiting up. The divers were packed so tightly together that the dm is belting on everyone's weights because you cant bend your elbows to do it yourself.10 minutes into the drift dive, I discover that they have given me half the weight I told him I needed. I am now about 1/2 mile from the boat and bobbing like a cork. So I spend the remainder of the dive swimming down towards the bottom, lots of fun during a drift dive. And again, no ladder to get back on the boat. I am not asking for the Taj Mahal here. Unfortunately, due to the weather (High Winds) it was the only day of diving we did on the trip. I've been diving all over the world, and this was the least professional outfit I have ever been out with (contrasting against a shop Like Stuart Cove's in Bahamas). I am sorry I didn't use Always diving. I had been out with them a few years ago and they were terrific. Solo Buceo is at our hotel (booking through Thomas More).

Coconut divers based in cancun seems to have a wonderful reputation. They are a newer dive company but all the reviews online speak very highly of them. I have made arrangements to dive with them starting next week and I'm looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom