Recommendations for Puerto Morelos Dive Shop operators (No cattle boats)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Trista R

Trista R

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be in Cancun in February and would like to take a day trip to Puerto Morelos to dive. Cancun diving is not that good anymore....

I do not want a cattle boat, I have seen some reviews for Dive Home and Aquanauts. Does anybody have any experience with either shop or have any recommendations?

We prefer Dive Home over Aquanauts

Ok. Please tell me why? And thank you
Dive Home consists of Adrian and his wife Gemma. Right now Adrian is working for another dive shop at least part of the time. They are the definition of a small shop. You will not have a bunch of people on the boat. They dive because they love to dive. Aquanauts is owned by Willie and his wife. Willie is a nice guy, but it is a business first.

I will be in Cancun in February and would like to take a day trip to Puerto Morelos to dive. Cancun diving is not that good anymore....

I do not want a cattle boat, I have seen some reviews for Dive Home and Aquanauts. Does anybody have any experience with either shop or have any recommendations?
I usually dive with WetSet. Nice people, good boats and crew. They run a tight shop/ship. And they're right behind Don Ernesto's beach club so my wife can snorkel there if she wants while I'm diving and if I dive in the am, we meet there and hang for the rest of the day at the beach club.

I'll be in PM 1/26-2/5 so if you're looking to dive on or before the 4th, hit me up.

Hi - I am heading to PM this July: did you have any luck with any of the recommended companies? If not, who did you use? Thx

Hi - I am heading to PM this July: did you have any luck with any of the recommended companies? If not, who did you use? Thx
We dove again with Dive Home. And will another year.

Ok. Please tell me why? And thank you
Aquanauts run from a resort marina. They have pretty much the largest boats in town.

Try the wreck in the afternoon, better chance of seeing eagle rays.

sorry if this gets to you too late.

I did my AOW and a couple of trips with Dorado Buceo. It's a nice small and friendly shop, and there were only a few people on the boat.

Reactions: BRT
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom