Dive shops near cruise port in Mexico?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mullannix930

Contributor
Reaction score
I’m taking a cruise (not diving unfortunately) to Puerto Costa Maya and Cozumel, and was wondering. Are there any dive shops close to the cruise port that I could get to easily to but a T-shirt etc?

I am snorkeling in Cozumel, but my wife isn’t certified to dive yet and this is an anniversary present trip, so snorkeling it is.

Do you know which cruise port you're docking at? The one downtown or the southern pier? There are probably a few downtown, but not so much at the southern pier.

I think the southern one. I may take a taxi because we will prob go to senor frogs. What shops are worth going to for swag?

Hey there, I just got back from Costa Maya, Belize and Cozumel on the Carnival Dream. In Costa Maya, I don't remember seeing any. From what I recall, you will see lots of dive shirts within the port area of Cozumel. I dove in Belize and Cozumel, you should have fun snorkeling too.

As for dive shops near the port in Cozumel, Carnival docs near the southern part of this screen shot. From that port to Dive Paradise was about a 10 minute taxi ride. Looks like Dive Paradise and others are near another port too. All the red pins are dive shops. :)

Attachments

• cozumel.jpg
    cozumel.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 42
For what it's worth, I picked up a long sleeve rash guard from Dive Paradise (dove with them) for $26.20 (or something like 493 pesos).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom