Dive shops??????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Educate yourself about equipment by doing research and posting questions here on ScubaBoard. That way you won't get ripped off. Avoid buying things over the internet, since you can't try before you buy. Not to mention if you don't support local dive shops they will all disappear. Good luck getting your tanks filled online.

Dive Junky:
Educate yourself about equipment by doing research and posting questions here on ScubaBoard. That way you won't get ripped off. Avoid buying things over the internet, since you can't try before you buy. Not to mention if you don't support local dive shops they will all disappear. Good luck getting your tanks filled online.

No worries Scuba Toys is my LDS I jsut ghtought I would try to see what everyone thought of those packages they are selling. That is thier website by the way.

For major purchases (Reg, computer, BCD, etc) you really can't go wrong with ScubaToys.
The main advantage they have is that you can shop on-line and then research your choices and compare prices with other on-line shops.
You figure out what you want and then, can walk into the shop and buy knowing that you're getting the best price.
It's the best of both worlds! The other shops in the area really can't compete with that.
I've bought smaller stuff and get air fills at other area shops but, every major piece of gear I own was purchased at, and is serviced by ScubaToys.
I wouldn't go anyplace else.............. :boings:

Lukiedukie:
I am hoping to stop off at Scuba Toys this Saturday before I have to go to class.

LD, Dee and myself and my husband will be stopping by ScubaToys on Sat when we hit town around 1:00 maybe we will see you there. If you see three excited (like kids in a candy store) old farts that's us. :D

Another great LDS is International Scuba. It's in Carrollton, off of Trinity Mills Rd and Marsh
2540 Marsh Lane 972-416-8400
Great staff. They have some pretty good deals also.

I'm in the process of buying some replacement equipment (old equipment stolen). I've visited a few LDS and went in to talk to Larry at Scuba Toys. He set me up with a great package and gave me a good price on it up front.

That really impressed me, I hate haggling over price.

I researched the equipment he suggested, and plan to go back and pick it up today.

Mike

P.S. I like Tuckers Dive shop as well. I bought my first set of equipment there back when Bill owned it.

Sometimes, I wonder why I even bother to get up in the morning.....

Debraw:
Sometimes, I wonder why I even bother to get up in the morning.....

You lost me on that one? Sorry? Please explain or send me a PM if you do not want it public.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom