dive sites around Dos Palmas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishybenjie

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone.

I'll be going to Dos Palmas and was wondering if anyone has gone diving there recently?

I was curious if the divesites around the resort are worth diving (i.e. the reefs are in good condition and there's interesting stuff to see).

Thanks in advance :wink:

Hi fishiebenjie

The best site in Dos Palmas is Helen's Garden and thats where they dive most of their guests. For me, its the best site in Puerto Princesa if you're looking for lots of fish and healthy corals. They even have a small wreck there. Unfortunatey, Honda bay is silty so the visibility isn't very good especially during the Amihan or rainy season. The best time to dive is early in the morning before 7 am.

There's also a description of the other nearby sites in the dospalmas website (dosalmas.com.ph-- read the Helen's garden article) but among these I have only tried diving starfish island and wasn't too impressed. However, I'm sure the dos palmas guides can tell you which sites are worth going to.

I hope you'll enjoy our stay in Palawan.

Cathy

CLA:
Hi fishiebenjie

The best site in Dos Palmas is Helen's Garden and thats where they dive most of their guests. For me, its the best site in Puerto Princesa if you're looking for lots of fish and healthy corals. They even have a small wreck there. Unfortunatey, Honda bay is silty so the visibility isn't very good especially during the Amihan or rainy season. The best time to dive is early in the morning before 7 am.

There's also a description of the other nearby sites in the dospalmas website (dosalmas.com.ph-- read the Helen's garden article) but among these I have only tried diving starfish island and wasn't too impressed. However, I'm sure the dos palmas guides can tell you which sites are worth going to.

I hope you'll enjoy our stay in Palawan.

Cathy
cathy, do you have a new number? PM it to me... texted you about benjie last week :biggrin:

take care!

Jag

shugar:
cathy, do you have a new number? PM it to me... texted you about benjie last week :biggrin:

take care!

Jag

Nope, same one. If you texted while I was in 2ba then I was out of reach. No signal there. Benjie, when are you coming to Palawan and how many days will you be staying in Dos Palmas?

CLA:
Nope, same one. If you texted while I was in 2ba then I was out of reach. No signal there. Benjie, when are you coming to Palawan and how many days will you be staying in Dos Palmas?

tomorrow morning :D

three days lang. leaving Monday.

thanks for the suggestions. :D

fishybenjie:
tomorrow morning :D

three days lang. leaving Monday.

thanks for the suggestions. :D

Good timing. We've had sunny skies all week long. If you're staying three days then you'll have time to explore the other sites. You can also contact/pm saversea at island divers in case you want to dive puerto bay or do firefly cruise.

Have a great weekend Benjie.

Cathy

Back
Top Bottom