Dive sites near Madison, WI ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaliforniaDivingNews

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm not from the area but I was wondering if some one could tell me some of the better dive sites near Madison?

Trying to do some research for an upcoming presentation and hoping some of the great ScubaBoard patrons could help me out!

Thanks!

Devils Lake which is about 40 minutes north of Madison is a good place. Not terribly deep, about 40' at the deepest. Viz can be limited especially when the algae blooms come on in August. But it does have some nice rock formations, particularly on the North West side in the area known as "The Rocks". Closest dive shop is in Madison. See the "sticky" listing dive sites in the GLWC geographic area. Hope this helps.:D

Lake Wazee in Black River Falls..Not really around the corner, but a great dive spot. Aprox 1.5 hours northwest. we dove there last week, and it was great....Check out my thread in the Olympus forum.

I'm not from the area but I was wondering if some one could tell me some of the better dive sites near Madison?

Trying to do some research for an upcoming presentation and hoping some of the great ScubaBoard patrons could help me out!

Thanks!
!
Are you looking for training ? or to dive history? As said for training the quarry wazee would be you inland deep dive controlled location, Devil's is a bit murky pond nice structure & local fish but not much more,Lake Michigan is a short drive away and loaded with wrecks to dive and a often misquoted used on quarry dives a True Premiere Dive destination!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom