Dive Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Watkins:
I highly recommend a program called Scubase. I went back and scanned all the pages of my handwritten dive logs, manually entered all my dives into Scubase, and imported the original scanned image of my written dive log (which has my instructor signatures for training, etc.).

The nice thing about Scubase is that it is completely customizable. You can use the default setup for visible statistics, dive log entry forms, as well as printed dive logs. Or you can customize it to show specific stats like Specmac wanted (SAC rates, Gas, etc.), remove items you don't bother tracking from the enty forms, add stuff that you do track. If you have particular pieces of information that you want in a printed log, you can remove and add whatever you want to show in the printed log.

After all your data is in the program you can create a .pdf version of your logs or a printed version.

Since I imported the images of my original written logs, they print as images on my computerized dive log, so I have the typed data and image backup. It's pretty nice.

And Specmac, Scubase imports temperature data so you can plot tempature against against depth on the dive profile screen.

It's USA based using SQL. You can download a trial copy from http://www.scubase.net/

Thanks Dan, I'll check it out.

-Bryan

kuma1720:
I am looking for a good windows based program so that I can chart my dives. Simply enough I am looking for a recreational program and not one that may be geared to the tech divers.
Any suggestions or feedback/experiences would be helpful so that I can purchase the right program.
Thanks.

If you are looking for something verry basic have a look at the one I am working on

http://www.tjengineering.co.uk/log.html

Tim excellent job. I am downloading as we speak. It is exactly what I am looking for.
Thank you. I am upgrading to Vista by the end of the month (holding out long enough) just hope she works without any glitches.

kuma1720:
Tim excellent job. I am downloading as we speak. It is exactly what I am looking for.
Thank you. I am upgrading to Vista by the end of the month (holding out long enough) just hope she works without any glitches.

It should still work on XP I hope let me know.
Dont forget to use the email button to send me an email if you want to use it to print the logs :wink:
I think on the latest version it now looks like a mesage in a bottle (well suposed to):D

Back
Top Bottom