Dive Sports Christmas Party/Sale starts Dec 3rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
Just a quick note... Phil had to postpone the sale until "Next Weekend".... So see you guys the saturday Dec 10th at the giveaway...

Thats right Mike...be sure you don't go this weekend. I guess I'll see you on the 10th :05:

So, did any of you win a big door prize? I wasn't able to make the haul down today but I am booking the Dry Tortugas trip.

Well, Rocketman and I hit the annual Dive Sports Christmas Sale and we weren't dissappointed. It was a great sale.

Funny thing... I got a PM from PaulWall when I got home wanting to know who won what... heh...

There was a HUGE crowd there. I think there was a constant line at the cash register. Lots of wetsuits being bought as there many things on sale that were not on the listing. Henderson wetsuits were very nicely priced.... I think the 5mm was about $100 bucks off (I think). I saw several people buying gear or regulator sets also.

They had AOW for $89, Open water for $99 and Nitrox for $79.

For those who missed it, his sale prices are still on until Dec 24th. So you've still got time. He'll do phone orders also. (800-601-DIVE)

He actually had LOTS of winners. I think he provided 75 gifts alone for the dirty santa game, which included a nice roller bag from Akona, reguator bags, masks, dive knives, retractable compasses, t-shirts, a set of Tusa split fins, $$$ gift cards. There were some lower priced $5 to $15 gifts in there also, but they were all good gifts.

Rocketman won a baseball hat that was related to diving, but can't remember what was on it. I wasn't surprised that I didn't win anything, becuase I never seem to win at these things...

The grand prizes were complete gear sets, regulator sets, fancy Nitrox computer sets, etc. He also raffled away a Suunto D9 computer. Mark Dietz won that.

Like I said, I never win at these types of things. All the past sales he's had I've never won anything... but whadda ya know... I won the Akona Roller bag back pack! woo-woo! Thanks Phil !!!!

Glad you guys went home with something! That is a nice rollerbag. I've got one.
I have a order I am placing with him on Monday. Those really are some great deals.
Still on the fence about the dry suit though.

So who did I steal the $45 mystery gift card from? :wink:

I made out well, with that card and the TUSA Splitfin/Mask/Snorkel doorprize. Still wanted the computer though!

Yep....it was a huge crowd...I ask you where else in the country will you find a DS that gives away that many gifts?....not counting the food and drinks...they had 24 cases of soft drinks that were almost completley consumed and whole lotta hotdogs to....Fill,Re-Fill and Jonathan really worked hard putting it together... I bet Phill fell out when he got home....
Yarg

mike_s:
Well, Rocketman and I hit the annual Dive Sports Christmas Sale and we weren't dissappointed. It was a great sale.

....snip....

Like I said, I never win at these types of things. All the past sales he's had I've never won anything... but whadda ya know... I won the Akona Roller bag back pack! woo-woo! Thanks Phil !!!!

There I am standing beside Mike listening to him complain, "I never win anything" blah, blah, blah, when Brad calls his name for the roller bag. So Mr. I never win anything did alright.

It was my 1st time at Dive Sport's Christmas sale and the place was packed. I had a great time, met some new folks, ate some dogs and bought some gear. What more could you ask for on a rainy Saturday (if your not diving that is)? Hope to see some of the folks I met at a dive site soon.

Merry Christmas y'all.

RocketMan:
There I am standing beside Mike listening to him complain, "I never win anything" blah, blah, blah, when Brad calls his name for the roller bag. So Mr. I never win anything did alright.

It was my 1st time at Dive Sport's Christmas sale and the place was packed. I had a great time, met some new folks, ate some dogs and bought some gear. What more could you ask for on a rainy Saturday (if your not diving that is)? Hope to see some of the folks I met at a dive site soon.

Merry Christmas y'all.

Ah, but who won the $500 gift certificate drawing at 3pm? My name has been on the web site long enough. Out with it Phil!!! Tell one of these guys they won!!!

Somebody from Texas won the $500 gift card. Phil called him from the
store during the party/sale and let the huge crowd yell congratulations
to him.

Phil told us how many people registered... I can't remember how many
but it was in the thousands.

mike_s:
Somebody from Texas won the $500 gift card. Phil called him from the
store during the party/sale and let the huge crowd yell congratulations
to him.

Phil told us how many people registered... I can't remember how many
but it was in the thousands.
It was a shade over 10,000.........thats a lotta hits......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom