Dive the Thistlegorm while sitting on your seat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can anyone help me please. I am going diving to the Red sea in May 2010 with my Buddy. What is the best currency to use while we are there as we are being told it is the Euro? That is what everyone prices with, if you walk around the town what would you pay in?
Please anyone can you help here. I cant wait to dive the Thistle gorm sounds absolutely fantastic and the pics look superb. We are going for three weeks and plan to dive for at leats 10 days of the three weeks.Who is the best to go diving with anyone know?

You can bring sterling, dollars or euro but I would recommend sterling which you can change in cash machines or banks usually at a better rate than in the UK. Banks there are ripping you off on the exchange rates.

You can also safely use your cash card, NOT you credit card, to draw cash in Egypt.

You will find that most dive centres charge in Euros but then convert to local currency to bill you so Euros can be useful if you get a good rate although I have just been checking with banks in UK and the rate is *****.

For 10 days diving you will get lower rates and usually with the centre I work with, Camel, the multiday rate needn't be taken consecutive days.

As for good centres I recommend the bigger ones. Check out Camel, Emperor, Red Sea College and Ocean College.

Hope this is useful.

Thanks for the help here. The one at our hotel which is the Sharm Savoy is PADI 5 palms so sounds ok to me. Just wondered if anyone knows whether they are ok. They are based onsite at the Hotel but on the Wight Sands dive beach which also sounds fantastic.
I have also looked at booking through Camel but still not sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom