Dive to end all dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay......

I just came back from two weeks on the mainland. Woke up early to get ready for my 4 dives today and cruised the board. Was cool to follow the thread and I just wanted to give you a personal shout out. I'm with you man..... personally I think there is nothing cooler in the ocean than sharks. Stoked that you took the time to help the little gal out....

How about this for re-claiming the Aloha Spirit!??!

G

Jay......

I just came back from two weeks on the mainland. Woke up early to get ready for my 4 dives today and cruised the board. Was cool to follow the thread and I just wanted to give you a personal shout out. I'm with you man..... personally I think there is nothing cooler in the ocean than sharks. Stoked that you took the time to help the little gal out....

How about this for re-claiming the Aloha Spirit!??!

G

Hear you buddy. Sharks and turtles have always been my favorites. I have been able free a few turtles of balls of tangled fishing line, but nothing has ever compared to this. I was just in so much awe of this beautiful creature during the whole experience. I still can't fully grasp it.

Thanks but it was really nothing tricky. I just clicked one button on my photo editor and WHAM the colors popped right out from the blue. It's a feature called Auto Color Correct. It's in a program called Microsoft Picture It.

I normally use Photoshop for that, but I'll try the Microsoft Picture It.

And yes you are right the photographer deserves the credit :)

Stellar post and great pix.

Bravo, sir.

What goes around, comes around.

:wink:

Hey I jsut want to say thank you so much for saving that shark. You're a hero no joke!

I'm glad I could share. Thanks again for all the kudos. I have to say, I just love animals of all kinds so much, and in the oceans sharks are at the top of my list. I honestly still cannot fully get my mind around what I did yet when I sit down and try to think about it.

Great story!
While spending nearly 2 months in the Pacific studying the plastic debris, we found several ghost nets drifting along. Neglected fishing gear is a serious problem and in the case of your gill net...illegal! We need more people like you in the world, thanks for sharing a good example of what to do, from the freeing of the shark to contacting DLNR!
Way to go RJ!
Drew

Whoa! It gave me goose bump when you quote "It turned around to look at me for a few seconds and just sat motionless." It's like it's giving you expression of saying thank you so much for rescue me, you are unlike others. Thanks again.

I actually had tear at end of my eye... you are hero :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom