Dive Trip - Colombia Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paula paz

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dear Friend

Few days ago I took a trip to Colombia, specifically to the Colombian Caribbean. The cities visited were "Cartagena de India" and "Isla de Providencia" (Old Providence).

Now I need to tell you that the old Providence is a paradise on earth, both above and under water. The low number of tourists and controlled use of land and water, make this destination unique, with lush flora and fauna in both
environments.

As divers I believe is an essential destination, where you go back to the basics of diving, where the goal was to look and fascinate yourself with underwater life.

Do not expect great facilities and large operators, just enough: good guides, good air, boat and cool friends.
Here I leave a link to photos of this trip underwater.
Isla de Provicencia y cartagena de Indias Dic 2012 - a set on Flickr

I recommend it!!!!!!

Some random pics

Attachments

• IMG_1776.jpg
    IMG_1776.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1761.jpg
    IMG_1761.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1973.jpg
    IMG_1973.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 92
Did you do any diving from Cartagena or the Rosarios?

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Good to see so many sharks and other fish around. Was disappointed to see what appeared tobe too many lionfish around as well.

Did you do any diving from Cartagena or the Rosarios?

Yes, I did some dives with Cartagena Divers near Barú Island. Regredable the visibility en Cartagena a the time I was there was not the best. Any way some pictures in the album are from Cartagena

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Good to see so many sharks and other fish around. Was disappointed to see what appeared tobe too many lionfish around as well.

Yes, in deed there is a lot of lionfish. We try to hunt them as much as we could. There are voices saying that giving to the sharks those hunted Lionfish the sharks will learn to see them as hunting prey.

Cheers!!!

Back
Top Bottom