Dive Trip Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For Cozumel the DM is not an extra charge. Some dive Ops in the Keys will charge for DM.

You pay a marine park fee in Coz which is nominal, like $10 per week or so. Remember to tip your crew unless they really screw up royally.

One poster was mad at the Op because they went out in rough seas and he got sick (2'-4'). That is a reality of diving and not a reason to be upset with a Op, more of a reason to be upset with ones self as there good medications available.

Oh I'm nicer than that. Can't control mother nature. They'd have to be rude to me or just be aweful themselves for me not to tip.

Cozumel! I like a small dive operator called scuba shack/ blue bubble. They run fast six pack boats, have great dive masters and capt's and give wonderful service.

Cozumel is probably the least expensive of the many good Caribbean dive sites. We stayed at Hotel Cozumel and dived with Aldora, I'm just waiting to do it again.

Best, Craig

Go to the Florida Keys. The only complaint I had is the boat captain's will change the dive locations on some boats, so you can't always be assured that they are going to where they say they are. If you need more info, let me know.

If a big group of snorkelers signs on at the last moment, you are going to be diving in 10' reefs. Been there, done that. BTW, Cozumel is great. Inexpensive, awesome diving. lots of great people.

Well I never dove outside of florida but have done a lot of diving in the Keys. Key Largo being my favorite using either Islandventures or Scuba-Do. My favorite dive site it elbow reef.

As for crystal clear that really depends on weather and Florida you can only count on one thing "it will change"... I dove with you this year in the clearest water you will ever see but 50'-80' VIZ is norm for the keys in good weather and fare seas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom