Dive trips from Idaho

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon, you're right, the spots for real diving in Latvia are the many wrecks in the Baltic sea. Like this one, for instance. Water temperature normally is about 40-45*F, so 50* might feel about balmy, indeed. :) Thanks for the link to the Olympic NP. I am much more interested in nature than in cities, and America excels in the beauty of her nature. Couple of years ago I made a trip: San Antonio - Carlsbad Caverns - Roswel - Santa Fe - Taos - Monument Walley - Grand Canyon - Flagstaff - Sedona - Tucson - White Sands Monument. Breathtaking! I understand why many Americans don't travel to other countries - you've got everything in your own!
That was quite a tour. For this one, the best diving will be along the Pacific Coast - as far as you want to go. In the Seattle area, they do a lot of shore diving, but there is at least one boat I know of that does dives in the San Juan Islands. Then if you want to work your way down to Monterey CA, you'll also be close to Yosemite National Park - and the northern road to Tioga Pass will still be open. Plan to drop the car in San Francisco and fly back from there. Countless opportunities...!!

1830 miles drive.

Capture.jpg

Why you might like diving in the Kelp off Catalina - although it's the same off the coast if you don't want to spend the money to get out there. (not my video)

Forgot to mention it but on most dive boats in SoCal, the DM stays on the boat. You probably can find a buddy on many of the larger ones. Or you can pay extra for a private guide.

Whatever direction you decide to go, post in the regional forums closer to the time you're going to arrive, I'm sure someone is willing to show you around. I'd volunteer but I live in Arizona.

Beautiful video! And a good reminder not to forget about a buddy. Actually, I plan to go with my wife and she will be my buddy. She will love the kelp forests! We also liked Arizona very much even though the only water we saw was the Colorado river on the bottom of the Grand Canyon. Cant imagine diving in Arizona. :) Many thanks, scubasteve!

DandyDon, It looks like a doable route! I've heard many good things about Yosemite NP. If I can combine diving and hiking, thats perfect. Thanks!
Regards, J.

Beautiful video! And a good reminder not to forget about a buddy. Actually, I plan to go with my wife and she will be my buddy. She will love the kelp forests! We also liked Arizona very much even though the only water we saw was the Colorado river on the bottom of the Grand Canyon. Cant imagine diving in Arizona. :) Many thanks, scubasteve!

DandyDon, It looks like a doable route! I've heard many good things about Yosemite NP. If I can combine diving and hiking, thats perfect. Thanks!
Regards, J.
You must have missed Montezuma's Well & Castle. The well has a high arsenic level so I wouldn't want to dive it, but big pond, and the river at the Castle was roaring last I saw it. Good to hear you have a good dive bud & co-pilot.

You must have missed Montezuma's Well & Castle. The well has a high arsenic level so I wouldn't want to dive it, but big pond, and the river at the Castle was roaring last I saw it. Good to hear you have a good dive bud & co-pilot.

Yeah, we noticed Montezuma's estates mentioned in the Lonely Planet, but you can't see everything on one trip... Can you imagine, my wife has a diver's certificate but has got no drivers licence! But she is great in reading maps and finding the right direction. :)

You must have missed Montezuma's Well & Castle. The well has a high arsenic level so I wouldn't want to dive it, but big pond, and the river at the Castle was roaring last I saw it.
Actually I believe that's inccorrect.
The constant supply of warm, 74 degree water was the life-blood of the people who made their home here. Over 1.5 million gallons of water flows into the Well every day, a rate that has not fluctuated measurably despite recent droughts throughout the state of Arizona. This water enters a "swallet" near the end of the trail into the Well and flows through over 150 feet of limestone before re-emerging from the outlet into an irrigation ditch on the other side. Sections of this ditch date back over 1,000 years. The value of this water is recognized still today, as many residents of nearby Rimrock, AZ, rely on water flowing through the irrigation ditch for their gardens and livestock.
Exploring Montezuma Well - Montezuma Castle National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)

And it has been explored by divers. Supposed to be a lot of leeches in the Well though. Dive To The Bottom Of The Well - Montezuma Castle National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)

Johanan, check this out - new site with links to diving in PNW region: http://scubadivesites.webs.com/

Hayden Lake is both a city and a lake in Kootenai County, Idaho, One of my friend lives their she told me its very beautiful place to visit in holidays. Best of luck Johnan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom