Dive volunteer opportunities in Caymans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raina79

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

I am beginning to do a bit of research into working abroad in the Cayman Islands....I have a friend working there now, and am interested in possibly doing it myself.

Ideally, I would like to find a job (in my field - architecture) that runs Monday - Friday, and have weekends free to do some diving. I'm thinking of not only doing some recreational diving, but also volunteering my time for marine projects, such as marine conservation, surveying, etc.

Does anyone know if there are any such organizations / opportunities in the Cayman Islands? Again, I am just beginning my research, but hoping I could find out some useful info here.

Thanks in advance for any info!

I think, with a bit of luck, you can probably find a quite nice job in your field here. Construction has been absolutely booming, and all related industries are in full swing now.

As to volunteer opportunities... other than occasional reef clean ups, there aren't a lot of options. You could try contacting the Department of Environment to inquire if they have any other ides.

If you go down to check it out, stay at Cobalt Coast and dive with Divetech. Nancy (owner of Divetech) is a Canadian and her husband, Jay, is a builder who has built, among other things, Cobalt Coast. Between them they should be able to give you some ideas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom