dive watch...which one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VinceDS:
Rolex - There is no substitute --- Unless you can find a mint condition Doxa w/ orange face...
So true, I have the orange face Doxa Sub600T, wouldn't give it up even for a Rolex...

I have a Rolex and Omega Seamaster and prefer my Seamaster. Although, what I wear diving is a Suunto Stinger and I love it. Tells time and all my deco info and a great 3 minute safety stop timer. The Stinger is a great back up to my UWATEC Smartcom.

down4fun:
I got a Luminox wtih the yellow face for Christmas and I love it. The yellow backround makes it very easy to see, even in low light situations and in the dark the glowing parts are so bright they could almost be a night lite.

Is it better than a timex????

rje634:
So true, I have the orange face Doxa Sub600T, wouldn't give it up even for a Rolex...

Am still looking for a vintage Doxa in excellent condition. Know Doxa sells a new version of the Sub600 for $1,300 but would rather have the vintage version. Great watch but won't give up the rolex submariner w/ date either...

VinceDS:
Am still looking for a vintage Doxa in excellent condition. Know Doxa sells a new version of the Sub600 for $1,300 but would rather have the vintage version. Great watch but won't give up the rolex submariner w/ date either...
Keep checking ebay they pop up there every now and again...

Thanks for the tip. Checked ebay and there is one listed but pictures show a lot of scratches. will keep checking...

VinceDS:
Thanks for the tip. Checked ebay and there is one listed but pictures show a lot of scratches. will keep checking...
In that shape I'm surprised the bid is so high. Nice to know it holds it's value even if I abuse it..

The bid on the scratched up Doxa was $900 w/ 2 days left. They are great watches. Would pay up to 2K for one in great condition...

I have the Luminox 3901 (yellow face), the 3001 (black face) and the Stealth 3402. The yellow 3901 seems to have the best vis in medium light. They all perform the same in the dark with their radioactive tritium markings.

I wear my Doxa 600T daily. Orig, I was like you I wanted a vintage and the first reissue was a bit different. However the 600T is a good watch and closer to the vintage 300. I am very happy with it. It wears well on all occasions and even looks good when you dress formal. Daily, it holds up well and doesnt seem to scratch. I have banged it a few times hard, winced, looked and it was ok. In my job watches take quiet a bit of abuse. I also have worn this watch on every dive since I got it. It reads well underwater. No leaks, no fog, no issues. The watch holds time really well. Of course it never needs a battery. The Dive tables on the bezel are easy to use if you choose to. I use them as a backup. Not everyone has them and they are a def attention getter but I bet after the movie Sahara comes out this springthey will become more common. Awesome watch I highly recommend it.

Erik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom