dive watch...which one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Erik,

Thank you for the info on the Doxa 600T. I think I am going to go this route. And, I agree, it is definitely an attention getter.

Thanks again,

Vince...

SCUBADIVINERIK:
I wear my Doxa 600T daily. Orig, I was like you I wanted a vintage and the first reissue was a bit different. However the 600T is a good watch and closer to the vintage 300. I am very happy with it. It wears well on all occasions and even looks good when you dress formal. Daily, it holds up well and doesnt seem to scratch. I have banged it a few times hard, winced, looked and it was ok. In my job watches take quiet a bit of abuse. I also have worn this watch on every dive since I got it. It reads well underwater. No leaks, no fog, no issues. The watch holds time really well. Of course it never needs a battery. The Dive tables on the bezel are easy to use if you choose to. I use them as a backup. Not everyone has them and they are a def attention getter but I bet after the movie Sahara comes out this springthey will become more common. Awesome watch I highly recommend it.

Erik
I wear mine almost every day as well, I agree with everything you say. I love this watch. My only complaint is the strap pins have bent on me twice. I guess I need some titanium pins, the stainless steel pins aren't tough enough for such a heavy watch. Your right after the Dirk Pitt movie comes out this watch will go up in price and be gone quickly...

Vince if you order the 600T you can but it through the Doxa website. Doxa Watches
They also have a Doxa message board if you want to troll for more infoOffical Doxa Forum

I have a luminox stainless with a blue face and have had no probs. reading it.
I have no idea what they use on the hands and number markings but in low light you can almost use it as a flash light! And they say it will light like that for 10 years.I can tell you first hand that it is tough, and for five years has kept to the second time. And it didn't kill my bank act. to buy it. dbg40.

Just for telling time, stop watch etc. - can't beat the AquaTech from WalMart for $7 - good to 160' (I stop at 130, but my bet is it will keep going at 160)

Mark

Geezer:
Is the Doxa as bright in the dark as the Luminox?
Couldn't say seeing that I've never seen a Luminox in the dark, however the Doxa is very bright,and easily readable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom