Dive Watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMJJS

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just got into scuba diving for a trip in June and not sure how much I'll dive in the future, but hoping for a lot:wink:
I got a $100 for my birthday and would like to buy a dive watch.
I don't even know what questions I should be asking or what information to give so I can get good recommendations, but will listen and answer!

There are at least a dozen threads on which dive watch is best. I'm partial to Luminox and the Casio Hyper-Aqualand. Both cost more than $100, but different versions of both are within your stated range. Many swear by Casio G-shocks or Timex Iron-man digital watches.

To help with your search, look all the way down to the bottom of this page, and you'll see a list of similar threads already identified for you to start with.

51YMB4W4B4L._SS500_.jpg
About $175. but a tough watch that you can wear swimming, snorkling and adventuring. Great back-up bottom timer and primary if you don't dive a computer.

Check out the St Moritz watches. They seem to be a great bang for the buck watch. Renewable warranty if you send it back to them for service every two years. It's I think $25 for them to service and they clean it and replace the seals. They have some that can be bought for $100 or less. I have the top of the line Aquamatic which I absolutely love.

Very few of those can be bought for under $100.
Check out eBay and do a search for Timex Helix Depth.
There's a guy out of New York that has a bunch of them.
You can get one NEW for under $30. and save the rest of your money for more important gear.

Any 200m G-shock is the toughest watch for the money. St. Moritz has the more traditional dive watch look. Citizen also makes good watches. You don't really need depth gauge on a watch, just a timer (on a digital) or a uni-directional bezel on an analog watch.

Very few of those can be bought for under $100.
Check out eBay and do a search for Timex Helix Depth.
There's a guy out of New York that has a bunch of them.
You can get one NEW for under $30. and save the rest of your money for more important gear.
Startin' with Scuba: Don't eat me!

""don't eat the watch" :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I collect dive watches. I really like the Seiko diver and have had one and used it for more than 20 years (1982 to be exact). I have several other models. But, it might be a little beyond your price range. Second choice would be a Casio and third choice would be a timex iron man. I have and have used the casio and timex. both will serve you well and it may be a matter of which style you like the best for the money. Look around, it seems like casio and timex are perpetually on sale at department stores and on the web. Any watch I select is rated to 200 m (660 feet) which I consider the minimum standard for dive watches as opposed to watches that you are going to just submerge swimming, snorkeling, or water skiing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom