Dive with Harmony - MAUI (report)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The_Sandman

Registered
Reaction score
Just got back from 2 weeks in Hawaii with 1 week in Kauai and the 2nd in Maui. Unfortuneately the weather was not good the first week which made the Kauai diving tedious and difficult. I can however, speak highly of Seasport Divers in Koloa. I didn't do any guided or boat dives with them, but they were awesome as a shop and rental place - even refunded some unused tanks I returned after the weather went too bad to enjoy the water on us.

In Maui we did a 5-dive package including twilight and night dives with Dive with Harmony, based on the feedback here on the board. It's a small operation with only 3 guides total and we had Dave as our guide on all 5 dives. Our first dive was on airport beach and Dave was able to run the 3rd diver we didn't know through a quick skills refresher right at the beginning of the dive. This diver also struggled with gear and Dave was quick to resolve it, and even pulled him back to shore partiently underwater when his mask filled up repeatedly. Then Dave ran to the shop and brought 3 masks for him to try for the 2nd dive finding the right combination with him to get him comfortable.

Dave was extremely good on the pre-dive instructions and site breakdowns. We visited multiple sites and he set us up perfectly to dive the remainder of the week on our own with a comfortable knowledge of a handful of great shore dives. Every tank was filled to 3k+ psi and he extended the dives when he could based on our SAC rate and experience. He also found me lots of Octopusses to play and interact with including one amazing Day octopus which was eventually coaxed out to some incredible interaction. I can't fail to mention he was very good and finding small and rare aquatic life, so if underwater photography is your thing he was the right man for the job.

Overall nothing but good things to say about this guide operation - a cut above in my opinion. Highly recommended.

-Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom