Dive with Martin (Cozumel) - Great Dive Operation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

N Side Diver

Registered
Reaction score
Going diving in Cozumel? We would highly recommend Dive With Martin, located at the International Cruise Ship terminal (south of San Miguel) for some great diving experiences. These people are friendly, and have well qualified Dive Masters. Our dive group has used their services on previous dive trips and intend to use them on all our future trips to Cozumel.
These people are there to serve the divers, not just make a buck. They allow you, the divers on the boat, to decide what dive site you would like to go to. There is no set schedule where each day of the week has dives that are always at “x site”. Dive with Martin allows divers to ‘dive’ their computers. That does not mean they do not take notice of any odd profiles etc, they just allow you to dive on your schedule, not theirs. The dive briefings were extensive and quite entertaining. Once the Dive Master had the group on the bottom, any issues with ears and buoyancy fixed, they would then spend the rest of the dive seeking various hard to find marine life.
Although we are usually quite picky about who handles our equipment, we had no reservations in allowing their staff to handle our equipment. After the first day of diving, our Dive Master took care of all of our equipment for us. We had three people’s equipment in one very heavy large dive bag. Whatever day we booked next, we would arrive to have all our equipment set up, with the appropriate regulator with the correct BCD, with the proper amount of weights ready to go.
Our Dive Master, David, went above and beyond the call of duty to correct any problems we had such as fogged masks (new equipment). One day my regulator lost the face plate of the second stage during my dive. The next time I showed up for a dive, David had already repaired it and showed us exactly what he had done.
All their boats are well equipped and fast. They usually leave the dock early and are one of the first boats on the reef. It was wonderful!
All in all, this Dive Operations is one of , if not the best, dive operations that we have had the pleasure to dive with in the Caribbean. :goingdown:
We are in no way associated with this dive operation, we just think they are a great dive operation. Dive with Martin can be found on the web at: Home Page

It really is hard to find anything about DWM that can be complained about. Their prices are very low, the service equals or surpasses most of the dive ops we have tried and the guys in the boat are funny and attentive. Really good people over there at Martin.

Glad to hear someone else who has had a great experience with DWM!

We have dove with them on 3 separate trips, and right now I'm trying to convince DH to go back for another in June!

We have dove in many other places - St. Lucia, G. Cayman, San Andres, Cuba..
but nothing beats the DWM team! Can't WAIT to get back there, it's been too long!

Our Dive Master, David, went above and beyond the call of duty to correct any problems we had such as fogged masks (new equipment).

David is a great DM and We request him for every trip. I have read some post about DWM with negative comments. I really can't see in my experience where any of the DM would treat anyone with disrespect. Some of the negative post were around the time Martin passed and I can see where the moral could have been down. They are all good friends and a very close family. I have some pictures in my photo gallery where David is directing a turtle right into my camera for a great shot. I cant wait to get back in June.

I'll have to jump on the bandwagon also! In my other life as a Pod person, we have chartered a private boat with DWM & DM Miguel several times. Both the operation & Miguel have been awesome.

Over the past several years, we have used them, BlueXTsea and stayed at Scuba Club Cozumel and all of those operations I would have to rate first class. We were fortunate at SCC to be on one of the small boats with only five divers the entire time we were there. Even the small boats are much slower than DWM or Christi's, though.

I don't know if there is a bad dive op on the island, maybe some that are just a bit better!

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom